Medicine Lake

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Does anyone live out by Medicine Lake/Alder Flats area? Just wondering if the trails will be too deep with snow yet for quads. We got next to no snow left here but no where to ride

tbosch

Reaction score
Does anyone live out by Medicine Lake/Alder Flats area? Just wondering if the trails will be too deep with snow yet for quads. We got next to no snow left here but no where to ride

I havent been out there recently, but I know last year around this time we were already making miles out in that area with no major snow problems. Hopefully someone from the area can be of more help.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it'd be alright out there. I rode near drayton valley in the middle of the winter last year and it was a blast. It should be melting there now and a good combination of mud and snow.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but there is still close to a foot of snow on the north faces in town where the sun hasn't hit. Medicine is only 45km west, but there was alot more snow out there than there was here this year. I would think the north-south lines might be okay, but the east-west lines will be heavily covered yet.

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. It's a couple hours drive out there and a wasted trip if we go in blind and can't ride. I learned of the rally out there through this site recently and look forward to it this spring. I'm always looking to meet new friends to ride with. See you all there real soon.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. It's a couple hours drive out there and a wasted trip if we go in blind and can't ride. I learned of the rally out there through this site recently and look forward to it this spring. I'm always looking to meet new friends to ride with. See you all there real soon.

We ride out there every winter, all winter and have never yet seen snow deep enough that we can't ride. There are numerous trails that are well used all winter and are easy to ride and also they had alot of siesmic work going on out there this year so there are alot of very well packed trails that they use to check equipment.

Top Bottom