mbrp etec can?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know yet if the mbrp cans are out or when they will be coming out for the etecs at all I really hate the stock sound of this thing haha

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mbrp has done zero testing on their cans with the 800 etec from what i have heard. and it makes sense they had their cans out pretty much the day the sled came out:confused:
kinda hard to have any real test time on it before the unit comes out. the mbrp from what itr sounds like they just added a position for the exhaust sensor and called it an etec can.

the doo dealer in drayton will be getting some cans in soon he was saying last week but i cant remember whose they are. they have 6 of them comi9ng to his shop. have been tested. they have a loud and a quiet model. both drop weight but neither one does much for power. i think he said the quieter one makes better power 1-2hp but only for a bit once it burns out a bit it lost power. same as the louder one. best bet would be to contact him directly i think its called recreation motorsports or something cant remember.
damn i am getting old.:confused::rolleyes: he will be able to give you the specs and details.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are wrong with the mbrp cans not being tested they realesed a few cans and had codes get thrown so now they are back in the shop testing BIG TIME to make sure everything is rite thats why i'm wondering if they have been realeased cause mbrp does extensive testing on there product they have to much to loose by building a bad product. So that being said is there any of the "NEW" Mbrp cans out yet that are the tested ones???

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are wrong with the mbrp cans not being tested they realesed a few cans and had codes get thrown so now they are back in the shop testing BIG TIME to make sure everything is rite thats why i'm wondering if they have been realeased cause mbrp does extensive testing on there product they have to much to loose by building a bad product. So that being said is there any of the "NEW" Mbrp cans out yet that are the tested ones???

ok could be maybe they tried something and it didnt work but, like i said jared contact the guy at that dealer. he said to me that there was only 1 manufacturer makin them for the etec so far i just cant remmeber who it was. i am thinking it was jaws but cant be sure.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS makes a can that is working.

im sure mbrps is working now aswell. talking with the powers from skidoo that mbrp one is the only one they want to warranty

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS makes a can that is working.

im sure mbrps is working now aswell. talking with the powers from skidoo that mbrp one is the only one they want to warranty

possibly that is just what i was informed. that so far only 1 company that makes a can that works. and they are just now being released.:confused: i dunno

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I read somewhere that MBRP finally release their can after i beleive the 12th prototype. Just over a month ago if i remember right.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had heard they realased 12 cans to the public and a few of them threw codes so they recalled them to do some more testing and people were waiting to hear from them. I know a guy with a jaws can and seems to work quite well no codes yet but yes I heard the same maxwell that the doo boys only wanna warranty the mbrp cans. I will give that guy a call forsure thanks for that info magnet. i just wanna get this dead moose carrieer off my sled and make a little noise here and there

Reaction score
Yes the MBRP is out and are all good.. I rune a new 800 E TECH and so far no problems. I would think if the dealers for BRP are selling them they would have been tested first....

They are hard to get.. Lots on back order.. they go as fast as they come in. I had to put my name on a waiting list.. at Martin Motor Sports west end store Edmonton..

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beleive Underdog on here has a MBRP on his etec.

Im gonna wait till next year to put a can on mine, that way ill know what one works best on the Etec.

Bowen

Reaction score
Have run the Dynoport can, works good with no codes. +- 7 pound weight savings and a bit louder than stock. +- 300 km so far.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of two other manufacturers besides mbrp that have a can for the etec. First is Bikeman. They have the full velocity and the powderlite. And then there isn turbo al from sled shed in rev who has "the thing".

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mbrp has done zero testing on their cans with the 800 etec from what i have heard. and it makes sense they had their cans out pretty much the day the sled came out:confused:
kinda hard to have any real test time on it before the unit comes out. the mbrp from what itr sounds like they just added a position for the exhaust sensor and called it an etec can.

the doo dealer in drayton will be getting some cans in soon he was saying last week but i cant remember whose they are. they have 6 of them comi9ng to his shop. have been tested. they have a loud and a quiet model. both drop weight but neither one does much for power. i think he said the quieter one makes better power 1-2hp but only for a bit once it burns out a bit it lost power. same as the louder one. best bet would be to contact him directly i think its called recreation motorsports or something cant remember.
damn i am getting old.:confused::rolleyes: he will be able to give you the specs and details.

The Doo dealer in Drayton is First Choice Recreation-firstchoicerecreation.com I talked with Lonny today about what he knows. The MBRP cans seem to be working and the Dynoport cans appear to be working fine on the e-tec too. I have also heard through the grapevine that the TSS and Thing are working too. Last I had heard about Bikeman was that there was one coming out but they had not done enough testing to release it! That being said at this point BRP probably isn't going warranty any e-tec with an aftermarket can, however anyone that is smart enough will probably not send it in with an aftermarket can on it! :Ponder: I know that the suitcase would sound better gone but personally I am going to wait a bit longer!

schiermnultra

Reaction score
I ve had the bikeman powderlite can.... didnt fit my sled so i sent it back. went and bought the mbrp from my dealer and was very disapponited with the size and craftsmanship so i took it back. then i went and ordered a specialty sleds can.... love it!! Fit and finish is excellent, weights like 4.5 lbs., sounds awesome, zero codes.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
The day i ordered that can from ken he told me that they had BRP at the shop testing a couple sleds that they tested their can on and they were happy with results. so in that case there shouldnt be any warranty issues.

svdstar

Reaction score
I have one of the new MBRP cans... put on about 150 miles with it so far. No codes at all. Sounds great and seems a bit more snappier. You can definately feel the weight loss. On the early test models, they had issues with the probe being too close to the can they started throwing codes. They pulled them back further and closer to the original position of the stock suitcase. My dealer was originally supposed to get 40, but only recieved 6. I got the first! I no longer ride a "TDI Jetta".

CrAWlSpACe

Reaction score
I have the bmp bikeman powder lite and absolutely love it. I had their full velocity can first and the fit sucked so I took the gamble on the powder lite and this thing is what I was hoping for. No bog in the mid range and no issues.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beleive Underdog on here has a MBRP on his etec.

Im gonna wait till next year to put a can on mine, that way ill know what one works best on the Etec.

yup. Me and 3 other guys I know are running the MBRP can on our ETECs and love them. Sounds alot better than the stock suitcase, and i think it feels more responsive now. Have about 400km on the can now.

Top Bottom