M7 driven clutch service

Rideem

Reaction score
Time to replace the rollers on my 2006 m7 driven clutch. Does anyone have a link for disassembly instructions?

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
It's not too bad, you will need a tool to compress the clutch spring ( buy one or get a piece of threaded rod with nuts and washers on each end). Compress the spring a little and then remove your 6 torx screws that hold the helix on the sheave. Once you have the screws out you can now realease the tension on the spring buy unscrewing the nut on your compression tool. Now your sheaves will be apart and rollers are accesible, the rolers are on steel pins which are held in by small roll pins. You will need a small punch to remove the roll pins (around 1/16" diameter i think) then you can remove the larger pins that the rollers are on, they are a bit tricky to push out because you don't have room to punch straight on to them so I use an allen key to pry them out ( you will need a couple different sizes as you push the pins through the hole). once the main pin is out your rollers can be removed. * I have tried the harder rox rollers but find the are brittle and I've shattered them on two occasions! If I was you I would just replace it with the stock white rollers, they are a little softer but they won't shatter. Hope this helps sorry I don't have any pics!

Rideem

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Got it all apart no problems with the screws.

Top Bottom