M1100 turbo with hi-jacker

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a new sled. Im looking to hear people who have ridden or ridden with an m1100turbo with a hijacker or ecu reflash. I would be coming from an M8. Just wondering how they are for overall mountain riding, I definitely ride some technical trees where the weight will obviously be noticeable. But Im 19 and around 170 pounds, with 8 years mountain riding experience. Wondering how the power compares to the 800's. Obviously they take more effort to muscle thro the technical stuff and if stuck but Im kinda hoping to hear they handle better then a tank. Not interested Maxwells opinion.....

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever you do, do not buy a 2012. Biggest piece of junk arctic cat ever made. m1100 handles a lot heavier than a 800. hijacker is a waste of money. Get one with a ecu reflash.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Markoo did you by chance get a 2012 that was a big lemon?

I've got a 2012 M1100 with the Speedwerx ecu flash and some other accessories and must have one of the good ones cause I haven't had any of the belt issues or problems that others say that they have had. I changed my first belt out at 1800 km's and it's a spare. Will agree that it's a heavy machine to manover around if you like playing in the trees but is fun to ride.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fully agree. ^. I do not regret buying my 12. I have gone through a couple of belts but other than that it's a fun sled. Need different skis for sure. Currently running the hijacker but want to change to speed wurxs. I would definitely buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In deep snow they are a lot of fun, setup or low snow they are terrible and I'm 6'3" 260#.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they compare to the other 800's tho. I'm going to be riding with some brand new doos cats and some pros this winter so I mainly wan something a little different from everyone while still having a competitive edge with my sled. I wasn't on the ball otherwise probs would've snow heckled a t3... And as far as I'm concerned all sleds are a bit lame on hard pack. But say 1+ feet of fresh snow how's a 1100 with a Ecu flash and cold air intake gonna stack up to 800' that are na with big tracks, dunno if I wanna hit the thumper band wagon yet hahaah. Also ride with a couple super charged yammy's

Reaction score
I ride a 2013 1100 and love it! and a few mods like skis and some power adders are a must! I have a friend that just traded a 2012 m8for a m1100 and likes it a lot and tells me its a lot of fun! and not as heavy as he figured it would be.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the deep 4 strokes rock. On hard pack they can be a handful. But Ice age pro motion may be the ticket for the 1100. We did up hill racing with various 800's and the 2 strokes are faster for the first 50' then the turbo is gone. That was a stock 1100. The 220 flash and good fuel is a cheap mod. My self I rode 4 stoke yami turbos for years. Now I'm on a 800 again and miss the power. But Not the weight

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 13 m1100 turbo loved the power but way to heavy and sucked in the trees and tecnical because of it. And bad skis it nose dive bad as soon as u let off throttle if keep on it your ok found it's hard to carve and I had a 153.

Top Bottom