lumps in oil

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was filling a 1 litre bottle of sinthetic oil from a half bottle and found lumps coming out scared the hell out of me filled sled and rode last weekend phoned distributor they said it was dye that settled to the bottom but shaking it does not disolve it he said to strain it before using it i wonder if this could be some of those strange injector problems people are having taking the remainder of the case back for refund changing oil companies take your bottle shake it then hold it up to the light flowtys not good

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dye or not, I would also be a bit concerned. I didn't realize it was the users job to strain new OIL!:doh:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do we need dye in the oil?!? I would prefer to buy just oil for the money they are charging. What kind of oil is it?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked to 2 different manufacturs same story if you leave it on the shelf for an extended time this happens i bought the oil 2 years ago but with moving and building a new house didn't use have time to go sledding till wife bought me new sled does 2 stroke oil go bad MUST who would of thunk thought oil would not have shelf life if it happened to me sure as hell other people have seen it lumps don't go through injectors burn down happens

Top Bottom