Looks like BRP's leaving us out of this one

ARE YOU UPSET WITH BRP DECISION TO HELP ALL PROVINCES BUT ALBERTA & BC?

• I COMPLAINED TO BRP VIA PHONE, MAIL OR E-MAIL

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I COMPLAINED TO A BRP DEALER

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I COMPLAINED TO MY CLUB

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I'M DISAPPOINTED, BUT NOT COMPLAINING

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • NOT A CLUB MEMBER OR BRP ENTHUSIAST

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • NOT A CLUB MEMBER, DON'T CARE

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I SUPPORT BRP'S DECISION

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there are lots of people that forget that Alberta spent from the beginning of confederation until the late sixties as a have-not province, supported by the East. :d:d And when any outfit out of the east screws us (or appears to screw us), it's because they're eastern, not because they are typical greedy big business........ :smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:
BULLCHIT
First off I'am one of those ........lots of people.......
Secondly get over it and live in the present day...........We are not returning the land back to the natives either....In any case the so called DEBT has been paid back so many times over and over, We could of bought FRANCE.
The true Hate comes from the Superior than All Fawlking Chit attitude they have....................I'am special this and I'am special that.............Go FAWLK yourself this is CANADA and we live under ONE FLAG.
Mitch just because you enjoy paying and getting their SPECIAL sauce up the AZZ please .......................:d

GODEEP

Reaction score
Yaah ignorant is right.................Check and SEE what Yamaha has done for sledding.
Ask the Revy club
Ask the enviroment.

So should other clubs be pissed at yammi casue they are not doing anything for them? How about all the other clubs in BC other than Revy? .

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So should other clubs be pissed at yammi casue they are not doing anything for them? How about all the other clubs in BC other than Revy? .
If your going to have a promotion at a specific location, and the benefits are wide spread that is acceptable in my books. Much like a telethon. But when you exclude whole provinces ..you eliminate the possibility of 1 club hosting the event for the benefit of the entire province. The suporting of the Western provinces is in part due to the fact it's a unique Sledding experience. Many clubs are fighting to keep access OPEN for all to enjoy the Mtns. I'am not saying WE are better and more important...but the MTN experience is unique and deserves to be saved. SkiDont can do what ever they want......They abandoned the WEST and that was to be expected...just ask the thousands of guys with broken drive shafts that got abandoned.

Yamaha supports the sport of sledding, in a huge way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This from the past weekends Revelstoke and Yamaha's 40th Anniversary celebration.

Originally posted by Kathy Cougar of the Revelstoke SRS

Well we pulled it off, over 250 for dinner. Awards lastest way too long but were important. Want to thank everyone who participated and showed up at the events.

A huge thank you to Yamaha Canada, these guys step up in a big way and support snowmobilers. Yamaha is a corporate sponsor of the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society and a huge supporter of the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club. They are the only manufacturer that supports us even when some of the others come and demo their new machines each year here in Revy.

Yamaha donated $10,000 to the B.C. Snowmobile Federation They bought lunch for everyone on Boulder on Sat. They donated thousands of $`s worth of door and raffle prizes for our dinner/dance. They donated a generator for the cabin on Frisby and they also supplied sleds for gov. reps to ride with us on Sat. so we could show them how we are managing our riding areas first hand.

On Sun. they again donated a sled so we could ride with Kevin Jardine, assistant deputy minister for Species at Risk on Frisby. We were able to show him how we are successfully managing a mtn. that we ride with mtn. caribou closures in effect. We were able to prove our point and the weather and snow conditons couldn`t have been better.

Your support is very much appreciated Brendan, Randy AKA Fuji AKA climbmax, Jeff AKA 0007 and Kevin. You really went above and beyond this time, thanks again, your support is amazing. I think I might evey try one of those sleds you keep offering me.
VIP parking forever for you guys for sure.
There were many others that also donated prizes for raffles and draws, too many to list now but I will get to it soon. Thanks again everyone.

Kathy

Now that is a first class corporation giving back to this sport, it's great too see.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is replacing the 08 drive shafts, And what the hell is the difference sledding is sledding wether is on a groomed trail or a mountain alpine, and without the clubs what would we have? I'll be asking that question at the ASA show in Oct when the Brp rep is there

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is replacing the 08 drive shafts, And what the hell is the difference sledding is sledding wether is on a groomed trail or a mountain alpine, and without the clubs what would we have? I'll be asking that question at the ASA show in Oct when the Brp rep is there
Admission of guilt came to late for a confidence vote.
WTF whats the difference?? Ever try a 1500 foot climb strait -up in Manitoba........I agree sledding in all forms is GREAT....but for the most part trail sledding can be enjoyed in all provinces. The Steep and Deep experience in Canada is limited to certain areas and needs to be kept open for ALL to enjoy.You have been up there...right?
Every year I help sledders from the non Mountain areas experience the Steep stuff. Many of them met on the internet. They are truely shocked and awwhed and many return. I have sledded in 6 provinces and enjoyed them all.....but the enjoyment was almost purely the event of meeting and getting to know new friends. For the most part the trails were all different and enjoyable...but mind blowing NO.
You might have to go alot higher so you can see the difference in trail and Mtn. sledding................................LMFAO
CUZ THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.PMP..LMFAO

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BULLCHIT
First off I'am one of those ........lots of people.......
Secondly get over it and live in the present day...........We are not returning the land back to the natives either....In any case the so called DEBT has been paid back so many times over and over, We could of bought FRANCE.
The true Hate comes from the Superior than All Fawlking Chit attitude they have....................I'am special this and I'am special that.............Go FAWLK yourself this is CANADA and we live under ONE FLAG.
Mitch just because you enjoy paying and getting their SPECIAL sauce up the AZZ please .......................:d
At least you're not getting personal:rolling:.......AZZHAT!!!!:canadaflag:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, 1st i heard of this, and it pisses me off. Nice support from bombardier to all the provinces except alberta and bc.... Makes you wonder what the bureaucrats from bombardier truly think of the 2 sisters in the west(alberta, bc)... I'm really pissed and better stop ranting.... Anyone wanna buy 3 summits... I'd go cat in a heartbeat!!!!!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least you're not getting personal:rolling:.......AZZHAT!!!!:canadaflag:
Love you TOO Mitch:d:d
Hey talking about DEBT........any Idea when the Planes ,Trains and other POS company plans on repaying ALL CANADIANS the money they STOLE from us.:d:d
Sorry about the sauce in AZZ comment, everyone needs a hobby they enjoy:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love you TOO Mitch:d:d
Hey talking about DEBT........any Idea when the Planes ,Trains and other POS company plans on repaying ALL CANADIANS the money they STOLE from us.:d:d
Sorry about the sauce in AZZ comment, everyone needs a hobby they enjoy:d
Hey, what you do on your own time.......don't assume that just because you enjoy an activity (sauce in your AZZ) that we all do......:d
They didn't really steal it, it was given to them. The guys that gave it to them may have stolen it from us........either way, I don't think we'll see it any time soon........

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, what you do on your own time.......don't assume that just because you enjoy an activity (sauce in your AZZ) that we all do......:d
They didn't really steal it, it was given to them. The guys that gave it to them may have stolen it from us........either way, I don't think we'll see it any time soon........
Years ago they got near my AZZ................But unlike some peeps I dont let them continuously pleasure themselfs year after year.
SKI-DOO's new motto......" We do you AZZ to YAPPER "

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Admission of guilt came to late for a confidence vote.
WTF whats the difference?? Ever try a 1500 foot climb strait -up in Manitoba........I agree sledding in all forms is GREAT....but for the most part trail sledding can be enjoyed in all provinces. The Steep and Deep experience in Canada is limited to certain areas and needs to be kept open for ALL to enjoy.You have been up there...right?
Every year I help sledders from the non Mountain areas experience the Steep stuff. Many of them met on the internet. They are truely shocked and awwhed and many return. I have sledded in 6 provinces and enjoyed them all.....but the enjoyment was almost purely the event of meeting and getting to know new friends. For the most part the trails were all different and enjoyable...but mind blowing NO.
You might have to go alot higher so you can see the difference in trail and Mtn. sledding................................LMFAO
CUZ THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.PMP..LMFAO

Just because I live in alberta doesn't mean all I do Is mountain ride, I enjoy riding the trails in the whitecourt area, and I recommend that area to anyone,, they have fantastic trails and are well marked, that club does a fantastic job in maintaining them.
I'm no stranger to trail riding, racing, maintaining trails, cutting new trails, and operating a groomer for my local club when i lived back east.
I'm disapointed in BRP for omiting alberta and BC from this program, and would like to know why, just because I ride a summit doesn't mean all it get used for is the mountains, I do just as much trail riding in alberta, as I do riding on a grommed club maintained road to get to the alpine(thanks to BBtoys again for his dedication and hard work!) And you WRONG! there is no difference a snowmobile club is a snowmobile club wether your in NFLD or BC it takes volunteers to keep it alive and maintained, and I know is program could be used in our riding areas.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes your right there is no difference between sledding the MTN.S and TRAILS.:confused::confused: NEVER ONCE DID I BASH ANY TYPE OF SLEDDING...........:confused:.............FOR THE SAKE OF ALL SLEDDERS PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE WITH B.R.P.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because I live in alberta doesn't mean all I do Is mountain ride, I enjoy riding the trails in the whitecourt area, and I recommend that area to anyone,, they have fantastic trails and are well marked, that club does a fantastic job in maintaining them.
I'm no stranger to trail riding, racing, maintaining trails, cutting new trails, and operating a groomer for my local club when i lived back east.
I'm disapointed in BRP for omiting alberta and BC from this program, and would like to know why, just because I ride a summit doesn't mean all it get used for is the mountains, I do just as much trail riding in alberta, as I do riding on a grommed club maintained road to get to the alpine(thanks to BBtoys again for his dedication and hard work!) And you WRONG! there is no difference a snowmobile club is a snowmobile club wether your in NFLD or BC it takes volunteers to keep it alive and maintained, and I know is program could be used in our riding areas.
You win again...........I'am getting off of this Merry Go Round.
I will bow out of this conversation because........well you've just plain :confused:the FAWLK out of me.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to know what die hard Doo guys and bigtime club guys think of this. Slederglen, Lost???? Lost changed dealerships once , as the one he had always bought from would not support the ASA - Albert you jumping ship???? You kinda have to now you realise that right???? :) Is there going to be a new fleet of kitties - you can keep the modular helmut - but those doos finally gotta go boys!

GODEEP

Reaction score
You know what. Fk doo. I'm gonna go blue this year instead. I was dead set on a new 09 summit X, but now you guys talked me into a change. The more I thought about it, the more it made sence to be pissed about it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the note I sent to BRP regarding this issue:
Mr. Dubois,

Reading your press release, it would appear that Alberta and B.C have been left out on the cold on this one. What is the reasoning behind this? There are several clubs in Alberta, and I’m sure in B.C. that are struggling to raise money to maintain their trail systems or at least as importantly, keep areas open for recreational use.

Looking forward to your reply,

Mitch Sharp

Here is their reply:

Mr. Sharp,
At the genesis of the project, it was determined that Alberta and BC would not be part of the Club Support Program (CSP). The reason is that the clubs and their trail networks are simply not like the rest of the country. BC and AB club trails general exist in isolation from one another - the trails in the rest of the country are interlinked; networked all across the provinces, linking all clubs.
Having said that, due to the fact these provinces were excluded at the outset, we built a $100K media plan to compensate this region and stimulate the sport of snowmobiling, nonetheless.
Furthermore, we are open to the following - should a club wish to raise funds for its operations; AB and BC clubs that are seeking funding must accumulate coupons and bring them to their dealers before Nov 15. Dealers will have to contact me and send me the coupons. If the dealer is already known by the club or its members, simply let me know I will send them a POP kit and get the dealer knowledgeable about the program. I will make sure the club gets their raised cash.

Do not hesitate to call me should you require further assistance.

Carl F. Mercure
Marketing R.O.I.
BRP Show & Events N.A.
819-566-3596

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.......does that mean we collect "Shreddies" coupons and send them in?:confused:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
.......does that mean we collect "shreddies" coupons and send them in?:confused:

or canadian tire gas discount coupons?? What a sham............... AND $100,000 MEDIA PLAN??? THAT MEANS THEY'RE ADVERTISING FOR SKI-DOO??? C'MON, HOW FRIGGIN' LAME IS THAT FOR AN EXCUSE!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom