Looking for help with wiring on my trailer

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
OK, I did not think this was a big deal but I have been to Canadian Tire (3 of them) and a Home Hardware and I can not find what I need.

The 4 prong plug on my trailer snapped a few wires while in storage. Snapped them off right at the plug so I can't even just splice them together. I need a new plug end.

Here is the fun part. It is a 4 prong plug, 3 males and one female end. HOWEVER there are 5 wires that come out of it. A green, a green / brown, a yellow, a yellow / brown and a white. I have looked and looked and I can find 4 prong plugs with 4 wires, but I can not find a 4 prong plug with 5 wires....

Pictures attached.

Any help would be great as my trailer is stranded now till I get it wired up again.....

Please and thanks......

Attachments

• Trailer Plug (1).jpg
    Trailer Plug (1).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Trailer Plug (2).jpg
    Trailer Plug (2).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 165
  • Trailer Plug (3).jpg
    Trailer Plug (3).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 167

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just solder the two wires that go to the same pin together, problem solved, according to your pic it will be the yellow/brown and green/brown wires. They are most likely the wires that power the tail lamps (come on with headlights) for both sides being the reason there are 2, the manufacturer just didn't splice them together in the frame which you will now do at the new plug.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just get a regular pigtail and join all five wires to it. A pigtail will be about 6" long so you can connect the two wires for the tail lights easy enough.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the browns are together as markers the white is ground yellow is left brake turn signal and green is right brake turn signal

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
This is GREAT. Thank you so much everyone... Trailer is in RMH and I live in Calgary but I will try it as soon as I can and post the results.....

Top Bottom