Looking for feedback from from Turbo Nytro flatland or prairie riders.......

crazeejames

Reaction score
Been tossing the idea around of going to a Nytro Turbo........coming off of an Apex MTX with approx 180hp.......just checking into to see how you like your 180, 240 or 270 Nytro's on the flats and what issues if any you have had? I assume 270 on flatland is a little steep, but a quick adjust of wastegate or boost controller remedies that in a hurry.......basically want to know if I should bother with a 240/270 setup, or just go with the 180? Only looking for Nytro with min +3 front end, aftermarket rear skid, steering relocate etc........I know what I want chassis wise, just kinda on the fence with which HP kit to shop for.........let me know your likes/dislikes about the 180/240/270's here and in the hills.........keep in mind I'm looking at 3-4 trips a year max to the hills............the rest is ditches and riverbank bashing.........any and all input is appreciated......

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mcx 180 kicked butt on all sleds lake racing. It was a 153 and I put a powerclaw 2.25 on it to help cool the sliders. That track flings ice on groomed trails and hooks up good. Dead even to 100 mph with a crossfire 1000 my brother owns. It was super reliable. I sold it at 9800 km. 1 belt blew. And 2 replaced just cause. My new ditch banger is a 137 freeride. It isn't winning lake races but man it rides nice. Light and fun. For the money a low boost is a great local sled. And it went ok in the mountains with a 153. A 240-270 kit requires a head shim and is a lot more money. Up to you. If you want to be kind a 240 would be sweet across the lakes and ditches.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been tossing the idea around of going to a Nytro Turbo........coming off of an Apex MTX with approx 180hp.......just checking into to see how you like your 180, 240 or 270 Nytro's on the flats and what issues if any you have had? I assume 270 on flatland is a little steep, but a quick adjust of wastegate or boost controller remedies that in a hurry.......basically want to know if I should bother with a 240/270 setup, or just go with the 180? Only looking for Nytro with min +3 front end, aftermarket rear skid, steering relocate etc........I know what I want chassis wise, just kinda on the fence with which HP kit to shop for.........let me know your likes/dislikes about the 180/240/270's here and in the hills.........keep in mind I'm looking at 3-4 trips a year max to the hills............the rest is ditches and riverbank bashing.........any and all input is appreciated......

something to keep in mind - the more power you add the more sensitive things get in terms of fuel quality unless you start to implement proper timing control IMO.
also consider what you are after...180 kit is not decompressed wheras the 240+ are. throttle response is noticably different but something a guy could get used to.

sled obsessed

Reaction score
I have the sled you want for sale - location Stoon. less than 3500kms. 2008. One owner, no crashes. Have new one snowchecked. $8900. You won't find a better one. Can't imagine you would be un-happy with 180hp esp in the flats. My new snow check is only 180hp, Thats all i need.

MPI - 180
avid drivers
Camo extreme - 153 - 2.5
ezryde skid
Diamond s chromoly front end - fox floats re-built last season front and back.
Black powdercoated tunnel - the whole sled is blacked out (looks badass).
Skinz airframe boards and seat
Simmons skis - gen 1 (brand new never used carbides)
rox riser on rtx post - better than steering relocate (imo)
yamaha accessory bumpers front and back.
yamaha teather and rollover kit
dalton helix and adjustable weights
digital boost gauge

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the sled you want for sale - location Stoon. less than 3500kms. 2008. One owner, no crashes. Have new one snowchecked. $8900. You won't find a better one. Can't imagine you would be un-happy with 180hp esp in the flats. My new snow check is only 180hp, Thats all i need.

MPI - 180
avid drivers
Camo extreme - 153 - 2.5
ezryde skid
Diamond s chromoly front end - fox floats re-built last season front and back.
Black powdercoated tunnel - the whole sled is blacked out (looks badass).
Skinz airframe boards and seat
Simmons skis - gen 1 (brand new never used carbides)
rox riser on rtx post - better than steering relocate (imo)
yamaha accessory bumpers front and back.
yamaha teather and rollover kit
dalton helix and adjustable weights
digital boost gauge
good sounding value for the money

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no real downside to the extra power, just don't push the throttle as far. The big power sleds are usually just as rideable at slower speeds. They destroy everything else when pushed. Be selective about what you want as changing things after is costly. As noted before, the 180 sleds are bullet proof where the big power are a little more finicky. Still better than a two stroke. Be careful with fuel regardless. Watch out for some big power kits with no head shim, they require race fuel all the time. There are no bad choices here, have fun.

Top Bottom