Last ride, What year & area ?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
When was the latest you rode in the big hills & where??
The lastest our party rode was June 01 & 02 in 2002 (Valemount). One ride we near drove to the cabin in clemina. Got to km 13 where there was about 6"-8" on the road..... Went from dry sand to snow in a very short distance. Great riding,got a tan & didnot have to drive far to get more fuel. Also did lots of waterhole riding up top in the melted pools. I was riding my 02 VE 156 at that time & she sure liked to wheelie on water. I guess I would call that summer riding over spring riding.
Lookin forward to hear other stories, Thks.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Late Season Riding

Our buddy rene st.onge in sicamous was sleddin' into july:eek: last year and posted pics on dootalk that showed him sleddin' in the morning and boating in the afternoon and a quick round of golf in the early evening....... He had shots of his truck with the deck and his sled on it and his boat towed in behind.... Wouldn't that be ultimate????:d

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SummitRic:

Right now "Dare Ya" has the same plan for the July 1 weekend. Sled the am at Hunters or Owlshead. Off to the river for some footin in the afternoon. Maybe golf in the evening. Might even take the daughters this year to do it!

We have been kicking around getting some shots of one of us barefooting on the river behind a snowmobile. Darby's Turbo should have more than enough hp - just convincing him to let us do it.

Barefooter

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'd Have To See That One.

Sounds like fun.... If you doo that, make sure to take pics and post them here........... Awesome. Saw his pics from lake running last year, and with all his kids on the sled too, zipping across the lake................;)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So I'm guessing you know Rene...Yes?
How did you get to know him?

SummitRic:

Right now "Dare Ya" has the same plan for the July 1 weekend. Sled the am at Hunters or Owlshead. Off to the river for some footin in the afternoon. Maybe golf in the evening. Might even take the daughters this year to do it!

We have been kicking around getting some shots of one of us barefooting on the river behind a snowmobile. Darby's Turbo should have more than enough hp - just convincing him to let us do it.

Barefooter

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started talking to Rene a couple of years ago - met through Dootalk. As we both do a lot of waterskiing we found out we had a bunch of common acquaintances/friends. The kicker was one of my really goods friends is a guy by the name of Keth St. Onge - now is the world barefoot waterskiing champion. Just don't see that name often. Turns out they weren't closely related, but I have been trying to get them both to meet for a while. They are both semi-nuts and I would love to see the testosterone show they would put on together! Hoping this summer we can do something

Dare Ya's daughter Mikaela and my daughter Ali are the same age. We just had the girls out with us at Hunter's at the end of March. Nothing like 2 10 year old girls to keep you entertained. We were both pretty proud dads after that - they both rode extremely well. We both have to find some time to download some pictures and get them on to Doo-Talk and Snowest. Best thing for Ali was having another girl to ride with - something that doesn't come up often.

One thing I can tell you - the guys is amazing with kids. He has a real knack for knowing when to talk to them and how to explain it - as well as how to push their limits a little bit. Must be the high school teacher in him. I think it is really too bad that he got fed up with the school politics. I for one would have loved to have a guy like him as my high school teacher!

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Barefooter

Yup, he's a great guy... Be sure to post the pics on this site first, since we're more fun!!!.... Still haven't seen his turbo. Just rode with his bro, 2 weeks ago in trout lake. Awesome.:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We met Rene about 5 years ago. We ride with his brother from the site (Rocky Ray) and what a pair they are...entertaining can not describe riding with them. We try to hook up with Rene when we can in Sicamous. He's a great guy and as you said...semi-nuts...his brother is the same.

Started talking to Rene a couple of years ago - met through Dootalk. As we both do a lot of waterskiing we found out we had a bunch of common acquaintances/friends. The kicker was one of my really goods friends is a guy by the name of Keth St. Onge - now is the world barefoot waterskiing champion. Just don't see that name often. Turns out they weren't closely related, but I have been trying to get them both to meet for a while. They are both semi-nuts and I would love to see the testosterone show they would put on together! Hoping this summer we can do something

Dare Ya's daughter Mikaela and my daughter Ali are the same age. We just had the girls out with us at Hunter's at the end of March. Nothing like 2 10 year old girls to keep you entertained. We were both pretty proud dads after that - they both rode extremely well. We both have to find some time to download some pictures and get them on to Doo-Talk and Snowest. Best thing for Ali was having another girl to ride with - something that doesn't come up often.

One thing I can tell you - the guys is amazing with kids. He has a real knack for knowing when to talk to them and how to explain it - as well as how to push their limits a little bit. Must be the high school teacher in him. I think it is really too bad that he got fed up with the school politics. I for one would have loved to have a guy like him as my high school teacher!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Latest date - April 28,2007. Was in Golden picking up the sleds, had to geo out for the afternoon at Gorman. Best thing was that there was still some fresh at 7000 feet from the night before!!

Got home Saturday night. Spent Sunday summerizing the sleds and putting them away. Got the boat out and it went in this am for the tune-up.

Should be on the water next week - drysuit time though.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Gorman last Sunday (May 6th, 2007). We had a great day. Sun was shining and it had snowed again thoughout the week from the previous Sunday when we were there. Lots of snowmoving around though, you got to be careful this time of year!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not the last

Rode Renshaw Friday May 11 and plan to go out first weekend in June. Will keep you posted for last ride.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to go for maybe one more trip, maybe June 9th or 10th. Anybody know of any place I can find some snow? Gorman still, or Forrester maybe?

-rossco-

Reaction score
i rode valemount and mcbride this past weekend probed 10 feet at climina. Was awesome.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorman is still good, a little dirt after staging, but if your going you might be able to drive further up and miss the 100 yard dry spots.Very little mush on the lake. Good SUPERMAN snow up high. Pemberton is still very good. Rode every weekend and 28 weekdays since Nov.18 Bestest and mostest snow Ive seen in a long time. Man it was and still is one great sledding year. One last trip to AK. and its time to eat mud and bugs.Friends also rode Duncan Lake and had a blast, road up was decent with few creek xings. Where ever you go have fun BOOYAAAAH

skidont

Reaction score
a couple of us rode frisby ridge june 2nd last year, only rode the one day cause a rev blew an engine. wanted to leave tommorow night to head down again but 2 out of 4 backed out:rant:. long ways for 2. hard to find ppl now. they seem to have other things on there mind in summer:nono:.

Top Bottom