Just bought a 2007 M8 153- lets talk about goodies

Cochraneoutlander

Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2007 m8, just under 4000km, mesh hood, LED head light and MRBP can, Mountian seat .

The weights in the primary are 68 with a yellow and white strip

jusy asking what everyone else is running in there clutchs . And what kind of proformace parts would give me best bang for my buck ?
- there is a set of JAWS twins pipes for sale would I need to play with my clutching after that ? I mainly ride golden and Revy

- V force 3 reeds

Thanks CL

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2007 m8, just under 4000km, mesh hood, LED head light and MRBP can, Mountian seat .

The weights in the primary are 68 with a yellow and white strip

jusy asking what everyone else is running in there clutchs . And what kind of proformace parts would give me best bang for my buck ?
- there is a set of JAWS twins pipes for sale would I need to play with my clutching after that ? I mainly ride golden and Revy

- V force 3 reeds

Thanks CL

You'll definitely be playing with clutching with a set of twins, and you'll need a fuel controller too. Never had twins, but I've heard they're really finicky to tune with elevation changes. In my opinion you're better off with a single pipe set from SLP if you want more power. 159 HP with the stock ECU. No fuel controller to dick with. Still need to do some clutching though. Always do when you add HP.

Cochraneoutlander

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice on the twin pipe and
so I should do the SLP pipe and reeds then play with my clutching

thanks

mustard73

Reaction score
The SLP pipe kit works well on these machines.

I rode an 07 M8 for a few years. I had a BDX Black Boxx intake and a Speedwerx y-pipe, The Thing can. I thought it worked pretty well.

The best upgrade I did was a 2.5" CE track. I would add traction prior to any power adders.

For clutching, you can add a shift assist bearing and rock rollers to the secondary to help it backshift better. I didn't play with the primary much.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change the diamond drive bearing with a BDX upgrade or all the toys you put on will look good sitting in the garage if your DD packs it in.

mustard73

Reaction score
Change the diamond drive bearing with a BDX upgrade or all the toys you put on will look good sitting in the garage if your DD packs it in.

Good advice. I think the 07's might have had the wider bearing already. If memory serves, they went to the single row bearing in 09.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bearing size should be fine
I had an 08 with the following: SLP Y-pipe, pipe and can. RK-TEK secondary, power commander 5, VE rear tunnel, powder pro ski's. It was "OK", nothing spectacular.
Later bought a 07 M8 for my boy and it already had the following done to it:porting and polished up," so the guy said that I bought it from". speedwerx pipe, V-force reeds, after market intake and boondocks controller. This machine was wicked, and I still kinda miss it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advice. I think the 07's might have had the wider bearing already. If memory serves, they went to the single row bearing in 09.

Nope. The wide bearing disappeared with the M7. Any year M8 will have the narrow bearing, and an '07 will also need the transfer gear shaft machined for the wide bearing upgrade.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing since the sled is 8 years old there is probably not a whole lot you need to do to it that hasn't already been done. Ride it and enjoy it, if it hasn't been done, you can cut the rear tail section and put the 09 style bumper on. Gives it a bit nicer look. I put the VE bumper on.

mustard73

Reaction score
Oh, and antistab kit or replace the rail tips with the updated version that is wider than the rail at the tip. It is ugly if you stab a track.

Top Bottom