Jackfish or harlech????

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sitt'in here starring at my back roads map book wondering if going up the jack fish turnoff is better quadding than going up the harlech turnoff to go quading... Which one is going to have more mud? Which one is going to be more challenging. what about campsites? Not the rec areas but just good ole put your tent up sites ?

Safari guy?:)

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I like the Jackfish Lake road, but never really camped at Harlech. There are lots of sites that you can pull off of the main road and set up camp. There's some decent quading in the area, and you can head south of HWY 11 about 5 km and it gets pretty hilly in there. I was in that area last weekend so there wasn't a whole lot of mud yet, but the hills were fun. The Jackfish area had plenty of mud bogs, but not alot of hills... I guess it depends on what you're looking for as challenging. I would imagine Harlech has tougher terrain, being closer to the mountains, but like I said... never really been out that way.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I'm sitt'in here starring at my back roads map book wondering if going up the jack fish turnoff is better quadding than going up the harlech turnoff to go quading... Which one is going to have more mud? Which one is going to be more challenging. what about campsites? Not the rec areas but just good ole put your tent up sites ?

Safari guy?:)
You would have a good time near harlick,,,,,, if you camped just west of the Shunda bridge there are lots of trails,,,,,,, south to gap,,,,,, and can if you take enough gas to follow the NSR to the trunk rd and around through Nordegg,, or north along Colloseum mnt into some rougher country,,,, loop around an up Baldy,,,,, or head east into the Jackfish/Saunders area. No end to trails.

Top Bottom