Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way! Get a drift ghost camera haha

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I would be responsible enough to turn it off ,but thanks for the concern...how many beer do you have on the hill all day?

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol he doesnt drink. Bet you feel.. smart.

drew17

Reaction score
You can always put your phone in airplane mode and it won't interfere with your beacon. Just a thought

Korey

Reaction score
Absolutly you could but how many people on the hill are too half retarded and ignorant to do that? Just another way for uneducated people to cause problems IMHO.
You can always put your phone in airplane mode and it won't interfere with your beacon. Just a thought

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your phone will still interfere with a beacon on airplane mode

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So have this been proven that there is interference... But a legit source

been on digouts where phones have and are being used and becons worked like normal... Or this this another passenger jetliner bs story

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go try it, I just tried my Samsung s3 with my Pieps with airplane mode on and off. Get close enough and I was getting false signals, including multiple burials. It was at its worst with the camera on.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take a chance on my life.Keep your phone off cause if it is true you won't be around for others to tell you "I told you so!"

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it only acting up once it's a foot away? Or is it messing up your search with false signals? I have practiced with my beacon before and had my phone with me and never had a problem. If this is the case what about all these new helmet cameras with 2 way remotes and blue tooth and stuff like this?

Sent from my iPhone using

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I tested my beacon it was a foot or so away. But not worth my life or someone else's so my phone stays in the truck. As for other electronics not too sure but its got me thinking so I'm gonna test my gps, gopro, and spot later on.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a decent article on beacon interference. If you read down the comments gopro with wifi is mentioned as being significant concern (false readings 3m away) from a reputable backcountry guiding company.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, never heard of this clame before, would think back country ski areas, and every sledding parking lot would have signage up about it... Tested my ortobox and iPhone 5 no issues that I can tell

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I tested my beacon it was a foot or so away. But not worth my life or someone else's so my phone stays in the truck. As for other electronics not too sure but its got me thinking so I'm gonna test my gps, gopro, and spot later on.

A couple of years ago while taking a AST1 we were doing beacon checks for distance.I had my Garmin Rino in my pocket and it did interfere with my beacon reading.My beacon did not start recieving till around 13 meters.
I never really thought much about what was causing it to malfunction so I just went and bought a new one.I still have the origional one,it works perfectly now.
I have since then lost the Rino so am not able to replicate.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, never heard of this clame before, would think back country ski areas, and every sledding parking lot would have signage up about it... Tested my ortobox and iPhone 5 no issues that I can tell

There is lots of info on this,if you take a avy coarse they tell you that now a days.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might need a refresher for sure, think ae is having one this week.... So what about the all the little two way radios, thousands of them on a hill a day...

Top Bottom