Ice Road Truckers Season 3

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
His Pete was sittin' at the Stonebridge Inn (old Trumpeter Inn) last week hooked to a trombone. Was hoping to bump into him and bs for the inside drama not caught on camera ;)

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His Pete was sittin' at the Stonebridge Inn (old Trumpeter Inn) last week hooked to a trombone. Was hoping to bump into him and bs for the inside drama not caught on camera ;)

I talked to him 2 weeks at the cardlock they were still hauling out the last of the dirty dirt from Inuvik ....now that the road bans are on he is probably coming home for a bit

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a little reminder of last year and the other 7 years

enjoy
IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

ice6.jpg

005_6.jpg

009_10.jpg

004_5.jpg

010_11.jpg

apparantly they never had a movie or tv show when I was over there ....

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That show's kinda funny.They really sensationalise(???)a lot of stuff.Makes joe public think its a lot scarier than it really is...good entertainment though.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That show's kinda funny.They really sensationalise(???)a lot of stuff.Makes joe public think its a lot scarier than it really is...good entertainment though.

actually the show doesn't show jack ...like how about the 26 hrs with no sleep part how about the flat tires at -56 ..how about the part where you get a shower once a week ..how about standing at the stem loading tankers at -50 with a horrific wind chill at Hay River ..how about the 7 weeks and no family part ..how about the part where a new tire in YellowKinfe is $900 bucks and $375 in Edmonton part how about ....................

if you never did it you will never know ..PS they weren't making movies when I was up there ..part..nothing personal Mike but it should be told

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I agree 100%.Thats kinda what I was getting at,maybe it didn't come across that way.Did the Diavik thing one season myself.Two months straight.Long time to put up with some of the bs....Made good coin though

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%.Thats kinda what I was getting at,maybe it didn't come across that way.Did the Diavik thing one season myself.Two months straight.Long time to put up with some of the bs....Made good coin though

so you never made it to Ekati ??? the west Edmonton mall of the North ???? man that was "THE" place to get blown in at ..awesome to say the least

as far as the show goes .pretty dissapointing doesn't really give the ice road flavour at all like wheres the lineups at the phone waiting to call home or the line ups at the showers or the 3 am T times to roll or any of it ..there is a lot missing ...the only thing that is true is My raven that I used to feed...I was amazed to see hi in the show ..that was cool ....bet you never guess where he lived ??

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think everyone fed the ravens.They were all pretty fat.Never did see any within a block of KFC in Yellowknife though...:hmm:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone fed the ravens.They were all pretty fat.Never did see any within a block of KFC in Yellowknife though...:hmm:

I have some some old school pics of that raven pretty sure that was near Enterprise at the river crossing ..anyways I'll have to locate and scan them ..when I get them I'll let you know...used to eat my sandwhiches ..pretty funny anyways :d

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the entertanment and to watch the polar bear lol A$$ would be prety puckered up crossing the lakes!anyone that works in the industry's knows this is a blue collar soap
there all like that Ax men,heli loggor.....good for show.its not like that in the forest:d

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the show but like Mike has said, theres a lot left out or so I've been told. Back when I was in school for 1st year HET, a few guys had driven the ice roads. The one guy said the show drove him nuts. He says its way too overdramatic and not as bad as the show makes it out to be. All I know is that the local truck shops/techs up there must make a KILLING on parts and labour. $975 for a single freakin' tire?...wow thats highway robbery:nono:.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing is we used to make big cake ..not now I was super suprised to see how much less they made now ..not even funny for the hours we do ..like somebody hit me stupid ..thats how bad it is now ..i can make $32 grand a month and still be home every 4 days for three .....

Top Bottom