I want to keep my edge rmk...any tips ?

DRFRANCK

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2002 edge rmk 800 151" completely stock.

Please list all you can think of that would make it better in terms of floatation/handling/suspension/etc.

I'm ok with the engine section at this point.

More traction/floatation/better handling....is what i am after.

Thanks for your help...i love the machine and would like to keep it.

Attachments

• img_3938.jpg
    img_3938.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 73

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the simmons on there. personally I would look for some 07 or newer grippers for it.
Best thing for that sled performance wise would be to find a 159 series IV for it. Then also look for some one that is replacing their walker evans on their dragons and buy their walkers off of them. Look in the swapmeet on SNowest there usually is a few people selling them. Set up right they are great shocks. Look around to see if you can find a Boss Highrise on off a sled some one is parting out. Sheds some weight and helps with rider pos. Looks like you did bar risers already.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 800 edge and he has some rydeFX shocks and some aftermarket trailing arms. He has also change a few things in the rear suspension stiffened it up a bit and it handles great.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
slp twins with a vari flow, they work awsome, had a set on my 2000 rmk!! oh and a cat roller is nice or a team and realy good clutching, and the slp air box kit (for get the real name for it) and a pair of v force reeds, will realy wake that liberty engine up!!

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go down to cycle works south side and by that kick a$$ light weight L&M mountain seat ($1200) for only $300 on their clearance table. Nice seat. Fits an edge chassis. If it's still there.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill second the cat clutch and v-force. Got both on my sled reeds made it snappy and the clutch gave a few hundred more rpm on the top end.
Another ski that ive found gives great flotation is the SLP powder pro.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same machine. 2002 800 x 151. I installed Sly Dog powder hound skis. 7" wide and longer than stock sidehiller skis. These work great in powder and great in all other conditions such as trail riding on hard pack, etc. No darting. Worth the money in my opinion. Also installed a Slp single pipe. Adds some nice extra grunt that is noticable and worth it. After I rode a newer IQ chassis sled I would love to have a high rise seat. This would be a profound improvement in comfort and ease of transition from sitting to standing of which I do alot. Problem is unless a person is planning to keep the sled for many years, you can sink alot of $$$ into it and still have an old tired chassis. $500 here and $500 there, pretty soon when you do the math a person wonders if it is worth it. You will not get your money out of the sled as it is still a 2002. A used 2007 700 dragon will smoke this machine with the mods and be a all around better sled. Food for thought. It is fun though to mod away.

Attachments

• West Yellowstone 2009 025.jpg
    West Yellowstone 2009 025.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 64

bones01

Reaction score
i have a 2000 RMK indy 700/151. it has twin PSI pipes and can (18-21 hp), clutch work, lower gears with a new chain. seems to squirt along fairly well. I like the psi pipes tho, nobody seems to have them and they sound different than all the slp's/mbrp's on the hill.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same machine. 2002 800 x 151. I installed Sly Dog powder hound skis. 7" wide and longer than stock sidehiller skis. These work great in powder and great in all other conditions such as trail riding on hard pack, etc. No darting. Worth the money in my opinion. Also installed a Slp single pipe. Adds some nice extra grunt that is noticable and worth it. After I rode a newer IQ chassis sled I would love to have a high rise seat. This would be a profound improvement in comfort and ease of transition from sitting to standing of which I do alot. Problem is unless a person is planning to keep the sled for many years, you can sink alot of $$$ into it and still have an old tired chassis. $500 here and $500 there, pretty soon when you do the math a person wonders if it is worth it. You will not get your money out of the sled as it is still a 2002. A used 2007 700 dragon will smoke this machine with the mods and be a all around better sled. Food for thought. It is fun though to mod away.

I have a boss highrise with shovel pouch that will fit, looking to part with.

DRFRANCK

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone...

Send some more !

And for that seat...pm me so when i'm ready i can send you a message to see if you still have it.

Thanks

bigbadbear

Reaction score
if your into the boondocking end of things, throw a 2 wheel kit in the back of that skid, or just pull the wheels and throw the bearing in there for spacing. cheap and very effective for layin her over in the pow!

DRFRANCK

Reaction score
Excellent...

I'll try that wheels off trick until i get decided on a final setup in the back.

Thanks a lot !

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jumping back and forth from my iq to edge heres what i think you need.

xr 800 dash, its further forward. i would look into the boss highrise over a xr seat, i think it looks better and is full length and dosent have that dip infront of it. a set of grippers, slydogs, or slp skis. and a xr 800 front bumper.. i just think it looks better. and two wheel kit for sure.

Only real difference ive noticed that i hate when switching to my edge is the seat and steering. the two wheel kit really allows you to side hill and carve better but ive heard people say that iqs feel tippy so it might just be the chassis

Top Bottom