I know that SE BC has "lots" of early season snow

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No they aren't and I've heard there is only 12-18" at the cabin. Lots of rain in Fernie.

I have fresh information....there is around 3' at the Wrangler's cabin in the wind blown areas. So the boys had some fun that way also. Sorry but I don't know how far one has to trailer, if I remember, I'll ask today.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any advise on where to unload in Elkford heading up from edmonton thurs night??

Are you into the motel/hotel? The riding from town isn't great yet; too many rocks. So, if you are into the high country, unload at Round Prairie which is 5 km north of town and follow the trail west. If you want some valley riding just follow the road north and pick a spot to unload. The trails into the bowls aren't broken as there isn't enough snow (but it is close) to cover the big boulders. It is pretty much a trail ride and one really takes their chances boondocking.

I have also heard that the eastern side (Crown and Alexander) have nice snow (I didn't know the guy but 4-5' was his assessment and that may have been wind blown).

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For the distance you are going to drive I would think you would be better off to do golden or revy, just my :twocents::beer:

Elkford/Fernie are closer to Calgary than Revy and the road conditions are usually better. I see that the early snow in Revy is also luring and the pictures have been great! The big bonus about riding the east Koot's is that the traffic in the back-country is muuuch less, there is room in the hotels, the restaurants aren't all lined up, and we are a great bunch of guys/gals!!! :twocents::beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elkford/Fernie are closer to Calgary than Revy and the road conditions are usually better. I see that the early snow in Revy is also luring and the pictures have been great! The big bonus about riding the east Koot's is that the traffic in the back-country is muuuch less, there is room in the hotels, the restaurants aren't all lined up, and we are a great bunch of guys/gals!!! :twocents::beer:

you on the chamber of commerce ... great info on snow conditions

Top Bottom