I have a 05 800 Ho summit

04doo

Reaction score
I had new rings put in at 1100 miles because they were starting to flake i now have 1700 miles on it & there is a ticking noise in the motor pto side when you roll the motor over by hand you cann't hear it put when you put the strock at the bottom & rock the clucth abck & fourth you can hear it & feel it it could be rod bearing crank bearing or may be a wrist pin bearing has any body had the problum with this type of sled please let me know please
I don't know if i should just keep running it or get it looked at if i take it into a dearler ship my sledding will be over for the year because they donn't have the time to fix it

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Noise

Hey 04doo: Are You Sure The Noise Isn't Just The Primary Clutch Rockers Clicking?? They Make Noise When You Rock The Clutch Back And Forth(normal)..... Do You Hear Any Noisy When The Engine Is Running??? ;)

04doo

Reaction score
When the motor is at a idel you can hear it if you pull the plugs & roll the pto side pistion to the bottom & rock the clutch back & forth you can hear & feel the clicking noise i don't think it is the clutch
I don't think you could hear the clutch making a noise when the motor is running like i said when you rave the motor up to about 2500 or 300 rpms the noise go's away as soon as you let the motor idel again the noise is there
I can only be three things crank bearing rods bearing wrist pin bearing i think i will tare it down & see what is going on while i got it apart i might as well do the ports on it
I will let you guys know what was wrong with it thank

04doo

Reaction score
P.S. sorry about the spelling on the frist post it was late & i was a little up set a

Ya know what is bad Well we pay alot of money for thease sleds they last from 1 to 3 years at the max we think that if we buy a new one that they have built a sled that is going to work even better the fact is that the new 800 R has so meany post on skidoo talk .com that it blows my mine now the 800 summit for 08 is going to have 160 H.P that is almost as much as a 1000 some times i think that we are better off to keep the old sled rebuild it every two years & spend 4000 at the max i checked this morning to see how much it would cost me snow check a 08 800 it would cost me about 5500 dollars this is # 3 winter for my doo i have 1700 miles on i put 750 dollars into this spring just on little stuff NO AFTER EXTRAS JUST WHAT IT NEEDED so hear its is 5500 + 750 is 6250 to have a new sled then you are still not sure you are going to be able to run with out putting more money into it think about this it's costting me 2083 dollars a year to run a new sled that is alot of money
I DON'T KNOW SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LOOK AT THIS

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you notice a power loss when the rings were flaking or did you just check them and seen that they were flaking? I have the same sled with about 2500km on it and it pulls hard. I bought it from a buddy in december with 2000km, he sold it because he bought an XRS.

Top Bottom