Home/Auto/Sled Insurance

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen the insurance post a few times over the months and years.

Got my latest notice for payment in november from Dejardans. and figured i should shop around.

Looks like I can save a few hundred going to TD. Thats the only place i have looked so far

AMA?
Co Op?
what about belairdirect? They are the sun life affiliated ones. My company has their health insurance stuff through sun life, maybe I can get an extra discount

Anyone have any good recent recommendations?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been with State Farm/Dejardans in St. Albert since 93 and they've never given me a reason to shop around.
I just got my notice as well and still am happy with my monthly payments
Wife and I both bought new 2018's in 18, so I know that's why we're over 350/month with house under umbrella

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen the insurance post a few times over the months and years.

Got my latest notice for payment in november from Dejardans. and figured i should shop around.

Looks like I can save a few hundred going to TD. Thats the only place i have looked so far

AMA?
Co Op?
what about belairdirect? They are the sun life affiliated ones. My company has their health insurance stuff through sun life, maybe I can get an extra discount

Anyone have any good recent recommendations?

I have been with TD (Primum) ever since owning my own vehicles/toys/house etc. Seems to have best rates and umbrella coverage / multi line discounts etc. I also called around 2 yrs ago when I was buying my first house and looking for multi line discounts best rates etc. Still ended up landing on TD. Can’t complain about customer service either.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I insure my snowmobile and toys separate from my vehicle policy. If I have a claim on one of my toys it won’t affect my regular vehicle rating. I also have an Alberta snowmobile club membership which they have a great group policy that has advantages that are tough to beat. A waiver of depreciation of 24 months on brand new sleds, auto life policy, some additional coverages that I can’t quote but worth it.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been with TD (Primum) ever since owning my own vehicles/toys/house etc. Seems to have best rates and umbrella coverage / multi line discounts etc. I also called around 2 yrs ago when I was buying my first house and looking for multi line discounts best rates etc. Still ended up landing on TD. Can’t complain about customer service either.

They seem to be fairly decent and always answer right away but I can't for the life of me get a hold of them lately...every since Covid hit, i can sit on the line for an hour and never get anyone.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left TD Meloche Monnex for the Co-Operators.

On 2 occasions TD quoted me insurance, and then attempted to avoid insuring the vehicle once purchased because it was "high risk" (F350 with 6" lift, and a bone stock rzr 1000). On another occasion I was without vehicle insurance for 3 weeks because of an advisors wrong keystroke while making a small change to the policy, I caught it when the new policy came in the mail showing only the sleds as covered. They still debited my account for the 3 weeks of premiums in which I wasn't covered though. I cancelled my insurance with them in March, last week I got my fifth bill in the mail asking for an overdue annual payment on the home insurance policy I no longer have with them. I'm done phoning to get this corrected.

I couldn't be happier with the Co-Operators though, our premiums are a little less than TD for better coverage. A few months after starting our insurance we them this spring we lost our fifth wheel in a fire at the dealer. The claims process was painless and I was paid out for the full purchase price of the trailer 3.5 weeks after the fire.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I insure my snowmobile and toys separate from my vehicle policy. If I have a claim on one of my toys it won’t affect my regular vehicle rating. I also have an Alberta snowmobile club membership which they have a great group policy that has advantages that are tough to beat. A waiver of depreciation of 24 months on brand new sleds, auto life policy, some additional coverages that I can’t quote but worth it.
Any idea the details of the accidental death benefit?
I assume it covers snowmobiling lol
db895bd8ac247f6996db15e7e8dfebd0.jpg

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been with State Farm/Dejardans in St. Albert since 93 and they've never given me a reason to shop around.
I just got my notice as well and still am happy with my monthly payments
Wife and I both bought new 2018's in 18, so I know that's why we're over 350/month with house under umbrella

I'm with Intact Insurance, see my premiums going up again. Now wanting $426 per month for house & three vehicles. My newest vehicle is a 2015 F250, a 10 year old Honda van and a 20yr old 4Runner. What I find most interesting is that in 20yrs my 4Runner insurance has never gone down, even now without collision coverage. Perhaps time to call for quotes.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to Aviva (with a broker) 5 years ago. Although I feel like I’m always paying too much, I have shopped around on occasion for comparisons and haven’t found anything better yet.

With auto premiums in Alberta going up around 20% on average this year, Aviva also decided because of covid to keep rates the same as last year for everything pre existing on my policy - no increase. I know stuff depreciates, prices should go down, but it never seems to work that way given the increases in liability... I’ll see what next year brings I guess.

Top Bottom