Hey! I'm new - sled suggestions for ladies and riding courses?

Sherrif

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm new to this site and have never been a forum-goer before. I have found a TON of great info so I am pumped to be a part of this!

After some riding near Edmonton, AB earlier this week, I have an itch to get back out to the mountains but want to upgrade my sled first - I currently ride a '98 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600.

I have seen a few posts indicating that the ladies like the M6 and M8's. I would consider myself a intermediate rider though most of my experience has been riding around the prairies (for the last 20 years since I was a kid) - I have been to Fernie and Valemount/McBride and would like some more of that riding. I'm around 5'3" and am not very heavy - I am looking for a mountain sled that will be a good fit for me, is easy to start and comes with reverse. If you have any suggestions, pls let me know! Ladies I would especially love to hear from you!! :)

Additionally, I am interested in finding a "riding tips and tricks" course if any are available (ladies only or co-ed would be fine). I an bound and determined to learn and perfect the art of carving! If you happen to know of any scheduled for the next year or so in the Alberta/BC area, I would appreciate if you could hook me up!

Thanks and Happy riding!
Sherrif

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She Shreds Mountain Clinics by Julie-Ann Chapman... All female!! You can google her or find her on Facebook. Also, find lotsa support with The Betties Powersports Network.

Checkout the Horsepower Honey's section on this site too!! Welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherrif

Reaction score
She Shreds Mountain Clinics by Julie-Ann Chapman... All female!! You can google her or find her on Facebook. Also, find lotsa support with The Betties Powersports Network.

www.thebettie.ca

Checkout the Horsepower Honey's section on this site too!! Welcome :)

Thank you all very much! I will check out all of the above!

Cheers! :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: to S&M

We are not a Cat family! Here is the 2013 XMX 163 with my better half in orange carving effortlessly in the powder. So you can look around at the other brands. As far as clinics go, Google Julie Chapman. She has a spectacular ladies only clinic in Revelstoke coming up soon.

First Ride 2012/13 - YouTube

Sherrif

Reaction score
:welcome: to S&M

We are not a Cat family! Here is the 2013 XMX 163 with my better half in orange carving effortlessly in the powder. So you can look around at the other brands. As far as clinics go, Google Julie Chapman. She has a spectacular ladies only clinic in Revelstoke coming up soon.

First Ride 2012/13 - YouTube

Well I'm sold on the sled!! Thanks for the info and the video - I will add it to my list of sleds to look at!
Everyone has referred to Julie Chapman - I'm sure that she will be hearing from me!

Thanks again everyone!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ride what ever ya find tha ya like but see maybe if you can try a few out, i know my g/f and my brothers wife and a few other female riders in our group have gone the way of the M's they have tried doo's and just found the M a more comfortable sled but thats just a few peoples opinions. what ever makes you feel like your in controll is the sled for you imo.

welcome to the site. lots of rides going on all the time and many always willing to let people join their rides.

Sherrif

Reaction score
ride what ever ya find tha ya like but see maybe if you can try a few out, i know my g/f and my brothers wife and a few other female riders in our group have gone the way of the M's they have tried doo's and just found the M a more comfortable sled but thats just a few peoples opinions. what ever makes you feel like your in controll is the sled for you imo.

welcome to the site. lots of rides going on all the time and many always willing to let people join their rides.

That is some good advice. I think that my approach will be to try to demo some of the sleds that have been recommended....from the Polaris RMK to the M's to the 'doo's!

Top Bottom