Here’s how high new vehicle prices have gone

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
October 21, 2021 by Adam Malik

Here’s how high new vehicle prices have gone​

As the value of used vehicles hit high all-time highs, so, too, do the prices of new vehicles.

Kelley Blue Book in the U.S. notes that US$45,031 was the average new vehicle transaction price in September. That’s another record high — the sixth straight month one has been set.

Compared to September 2020, that’s a 12.1 per cent increase and a jump of 3.7 per cent from August 2021.

The U.S. reported a shift in the vehicle mix in September. Consumers moved away from lower-priced sedans, compacts and entry-level segments toward more expensive pickups, SUVs and the luxury market.

Naturally, that shift would drive up the average ticket.

“The record-high prices in September are mostly a result of the mix of vehicles sold,” said Kayla Reynolds, analyst for Cox Automotive. “Midsize SUV sales jumped in September compared to August and full-size pickup share moved up as well. Sales of lower-priced compact and midsize cars, which had been commanding more share during the summer, faded in September. As long as new-vehicle inventory remains tight, we believe prices will remain elevated.”

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In feb 2008 i bought my 1st new truck off the lot.
A 2007 GMC HD W/T 3500
Paid $32,000.00 for it. I remember sweating bricks as that was a lot of money.
Now that won't buy you much

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the ford dealers I’ve searched online have disabled “window sticker” function. No more seeing msrp.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the ford dealers I’ve searched online have disabled “window sticker” function. No more seeing msrp.

Bet 90% of people out there have no idea how much they pay for their vehicles. Nobody buys a 50g or whatever price it is vehicle they buy a vehicle at their monthly payment amount and that’s all they know

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have purchased well over 50 new trucks over the last 20 years (was buying for 4 at a time for a company). I just bought my first truck that i actually had to put a deposit on, and paid sticker price + retail on the aftermarket goods on the truck. Crappy mud flaps, greasy chrome bug deflector, and rubber floor mats. On the upside, i can already sell if for 7g more than i paid.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
QUOTE="neilsleder, post: 2993047, member: 13923"]
If it’s low miles you could still almost get that for it now!
[/QUOTE]
There’s 1st gen 12v dodges asking that much. Been looking for one to start fixing with my 12 year old so he has a cool truck when he turns 16. Not a chance of that happening at these prices.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have purchased well over 50 new trucks over the last 20 years (was buying for 4 at a time for a company). I just bought my first truck that i actually had to put a deposit on, and paid sticker price + retail on the aftermarket goods on the truck. Crappy mud flaps, greasy chrome bug deflector, and rubber floor mats. On the upside, i can already sell if for 7g more than i paid.
Ditto, but likely 30 in 20 years, just ordered a new 1/2 ton for wife, $1000 deposit, plus ”no worry tire coverage”, and “all weather mats” at full msrp price. Said I don’t need either of those items, tires I will replace with ta kos right away and will get my own husky mats….sorry they are required will call you when truck arrives, groan. Likely better still than some dealers who are surely well above msrp for people financing. I had one dealer say they wouldn’t sell me a new truck for cash had to be financed, salesman was fairly deflated, my manager won’t allow cash deals because of exporting.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You paid retail ..............? Thought that word wasn't in your vocabulary

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto, but likely 30 in 20 years, just ordered a new 1/2 ton for wife, $1000 deposit, plus ”no worry tire coverage”, and “all weather mats” at full msrp price. Said I don’t need either of those items, tires I will replace with ta kos right away and will get my own husky mats….sorry they are required will call you when truck arrives, groan. Likely better still than some dealers who are surely well above msrp for people financing. I had one dealer say they wouldn’t sell me a new truck for cash had to be financed, salesman was fairly deflated, my manager won’t allow cash deals because of exporting.

Wife and I were looking for a 1/2 ton truck for her. We were looking at used trucks went to multiple dealers and none of them would talk to us when they found out we were going to pay cash. That used to get you a better deal!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the trick is to make sure there is no early payout penalty. Then finance, and pay it out after a month or 2.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
…..

1634946199709.png

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah this is why I buy the cheep ones, can’t afford a new bronco.

Attachments

• B613DB9F-860A-48D1-945B-D874443A5487.jpeg
    B613DB9F-860A-48D1-945B-D874443A5487.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 119

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the luxury tax passed and implemented for Jan 1/2022 on vehicles , boats , planes and chit ??
Can’t find out anything other then when it was talked about ?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In feb 2008 i bought my 1st new truck off the lot.
A 2007 GMC HD W/T 3500
Paid $32,000.00 for it. I remember sweating bricks as that was a lot of money.
Now that won't buy you much
woof
in 07 I bought a LBZ classic 62k no leather
2012 megacab longhorn 64k new off the lot

shits whack yo

• Wow
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
woof
in 07 I bought a LBZ classic 62k no leather
2012 megacab longhorn 64k new off the lot

shits whack yo
Mines basic.

6L
Crew cab long box single rear wheel.
No power windows. No fancy options.

Its got power door locks and vinal flooring.
It is a 4x4.
Am/fm/cd and Ac.

No heated mirrors

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines basic.

6L
Crew cab long box single rear wheel.
No power windows. No fancy options.

Its got power door locks and vinal flooring.
It is a 4x4.
Am/fm/cd and Ac.

No heated mirrors

NICE. You better keep forever now

Top Bottom