hello everyone! HELP

RMK7

Reaction score
45453m0_20.jpg Hi I'm Dan. looking for some help.. really know not much about sleds. thou enough to know I love it. I have a pretty good mechanical knoledge. think with some help, I/we can figure this out.my pretty new to me 1998 rmk 700 ...has custum racers edge tunnel 151" slp power dome heads slp pipes i beleive it isjetted with what i don't know. so the issue started with being harder to start. then when i would take off it was fine till, i slowed down to stop then the idle would drop and eventually stall. it would do this a couple times. then seemed fine once warmed up. at this point i was still able to use the full range of throttle,and worked great. so then the next time it was extremlly hard to get started and when it did after about twenty pulls. it did not want to idle after a few minutes it stablized. half hour or so into the ride i noticed that i could hit full throttle ...but could not maintain it for any period of time. if i tried to hold the throttle it would miss and stammer... and at a lower rpm it was also ruff....managed to get home on about half throttle or about 5000 rpm .......if you have any ideas or knoledge on please help ...me and my cause .....winter fun

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might have to synchronize your carbs they have a tendency to stretch the cables over time also check your air screw clip might have fallen of needle jet like fj40 said take both carbs off and do a good cleaning the older twins ran like ch!t if 1 carb was richer than the other

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a couple problems first sound like possible carbs issue clean and check the fuel valve better to replace them very easy job check the needle and seat for wear very important make sure you got right size jets and then clean and service the clutches sound like driven hang up a little just a little food for thought

Top Bottom