Headlight delete and intake

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busted up the intake screen, goggle compartment and the gauge console on a tree last year.. Patched it up and got thru the season.. Took the sucker apart last night to see what parts i need to order.. It strips down into half a dozen pieces..

Any feedback on deletes you've ran and any improvements other then weight that can be achieved by getting more air thru??

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan aka lilduke was fabing up a lightweight hood haven't seen any pictures yet. I'm sure he will chime in

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few lightweight hood options that you could use. Cheapest is probably going to be the mountain fit. I think they are around 375 dollars. You can use their intake shelf, or just run a snorkel out of the hood to a turbo type filter. Loses around 12lbs over stock as well. Or the diamond S, skinz, or skidoo race hood would all do the same thing. I think with the diamond s they were just running a pod right off of the primary airbox.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Lazy and just bought a hood...lol I got the Ski Doo race hood. Looks sick but wasn't cheep.

Googled the race hood and couldn't find one.. Any pics? Who sells them? Thanks.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you lose the glove box with that hood Dan? whats the Headlight plan? Im in a similar situaton...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you lose the glove box with that hood Dan? whats the Headlight plan? Im in a similar situaton...

No glove box. There is a air intake vent where it goes. This hood is VERY light. Almost too light. Not sure how long this thing is
going to last me, but it's a cool hood.

Im going to use a bright LED helmet light.

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
i'm running the diamond s hood and intake. i really like it alot, so far very durable. had to sweep bark off it a couple times and no rips or tears.

i also run a trail tech helmet light that i rewired and lengthend so i can plug it in the 12v accessory heated visor plug. i tried running the battery pack but it was a pain, and now i never have to worry about it.

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
I sell a lightweight polycarbonate hood for the xm . It is $350 +$65 for the intake kit, includes air shelf, vents, tube to connect to stock intake tube $35 for our glove box kit[you use your stock lid] and yes things get wet in the glove box [snow gets in and melts] there are pictures of one of mine in the classified section under skidoo for sale[2013xm 800-154] thx wayne

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this install and have the stock parts left? I'm looking for the following parts

Head light - 517305497
gauge support - 517305512
bulb - 515176274
air duct - 508000732
bottom pan - 502007171
front snow filter - 517305029
bumper (factory - 502007176 or aftermarket)
windshield trim - 517305403

If you've got anything, please shoot me a PM or email aaronholyk@hotmail.com Thanks!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm running the diamond s hood and intake. i really like it alot, so far very durable. had to sweep bark off it a couple times and no rips or tears.

i also run a trail tech helmet light that i rewired and lengthend so i can plug it in the 12v accessory heated visor plug. i tried running the battery pack but it was a pain, and now i never have to worry about it.

I have a Diamond S hood that I bought but never installed. I'm open to offers. PM me.

Top Bottom