Grip warmers not up to par

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Like the title says iv got a 2011 pro and the grips just dont feel like they get hot enough when your gloves get cold. Same with a friend of mine on his 2012. i brought it in and got new grips warmers and thumb warmer and it didnt resolve the issue. Am i the only one? or are we just not worrying about it. Iv got hand guards on order, but still dont think it will resolve the issue. My old 670 would cook my hands same with my dads old rev 800. i guess this the only complant about my pro lol

sprinkfitter

Reaction score
I posted a write up over on snow west under the pro section, the bars are aluminum and will soak up the heat especially if it is real cold they will not feel like they work at all. You need to cork the bars, basically you remove hand warmers and your hand warmer elements then lay down a layer of cork to insulate between bars and heat element. If you go to snow west forum I have pictures and parts and how to just search Corking your bars.

Russell P

Reaction score
That odd, my 13 will cook your hands on high and keep them warm on low in -25c.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used expandable spray foam insulation in my bar ends.It helps but the heaters in my wifes 09 RMK with steel bars still work much better.

sprinkfitter

Reaction score
if you put cork under the warmers they get nice and toasty, the spray foam works ok but trust me put on a layer of cork

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I posted a write up over on snow west under the pro section, the bars are aluminum and will soak up the heat especially if it is real cold they will not feel like they work at all. You need to cork the bars, basically you remove hand warmers and your hand warmer elements then lay down a layer of cork to insulate between bars and heat element. If you go to snow west forum I have pictures and parts and how to just search Corking your bars.

now that you say that it makes perfect sense, i should of thought of that. where did you find thin enough cork for this?

06redrevx

Reaction score
Napa has cork, use 1/16" or Skidoo sells a kit for cheap.
I corked mine and now they get toast warm. First time I've ever had to turn them off high.
thumb warmer still sucks tho!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am finding the warmers to work well on hi but not on low, the thumb warmer is horrible on both settings. Mine is a 2013. Might try the cork or foam trick on the bars but not sure what to do with the thumb warmer, guess I need to toughen up!

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All sound like great ideas, but another thing I found on my Rev was that unless your riding with higher rpms, the juice from the stator obviously isnt supplying enough power to get them hot. Once riding and on the throttle, I have to turn them down.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate how mine look but hand guards make a huge difference as well.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that on high they get way too hot. They end up burning my hands. But I wear a very thin glove. As soon as that glove gets wet and cold though they don't do enough to keep my hands warm. I ride with 3 pairs of gloves now, just to avoid wetness. 1 pair of bigger gauntlets for up and down the trail and 2 small thin pairs for riding around. Switch them at lunch.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put rsi high temp ones on, i bought a set and replaced one on my steel bars, my stock polaris on medium i can barley feel and the rsi is hot like its on high. I either have to put a stock polaris one on the one side or replace my other side with the other rsi one.

sprinkfitter

Reaction score
Even with RSI hand warmers on aluminum bars they bars will soak up the heat especially when really cold out, if you put a layer of cork on them you will not be disappointed, on steel bars it is not as bad but the aluminum they will rob the heat.

Top Bottom