Graves creek - n.w montana!

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
These are Hilarious... I cant wait for the Official Member Application Form, and
Team hand book to be printed:bandance::yahoo:

Is There a subsection on Boones Bottle Etiquette...

Thy Sledder that Opens the Bottle of Boone shall be the one who keepith track of the Little White lid....
( We definatley dont want the Greenys on us after finding 100 White Boones caps on the mountian in the spring):d

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
Hey BFRT.... Do you all realize that on Feb 11, 2011 We will have a one year anniversary? We will have left SnoWest and made the great change to Snow and Mud... where we were welcomed with open computers.....and great friends....

MHMontana

Reaction score
Drank Boones at the Frontier for Buckaroo's birthday tonight. Fuzzy Davel was on the menu. Even tried to get the Ol' Grandma Dianne to let the flavor float around on her palet, but she wouldn't give in. She's a bit stubborn!!! Glad the ByLaws are finally in order, now we can get serious about riding when our fearless leader returns from Vegas!!!! Haven't heard much from the BFG lately???? Where's the big guy hiding out?!!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Snotel changing

Cane,

Looks like we are over 70" up there now. Hopefully it doesn't rain up there today!!! I will be ready to head up after the short trip to Vegas land. Suppose to be real cold next week but snow and warmer toward the end of the week. Better start planning for a big ride on Jan 15th.

New additions to the bylaws:

12. The media will be notified 24 hours in advance of a Coleman sighting at the parking lot.
13. Debriefings in the BFG's trailer will be cleared with the members wives prior to a given riding event. A written note will be needed as proof before attend said debriefing.
14. The route to "The Rock Bowl" will be kept a secret. If this confidentiality is broken, a member will be placed on Double Secret Probation with Drunk Eddy, who is always in probation pergitory.
15. Our leader is allowed two get lost muligans a year, after that he will be up for repremand. (From Wee Watermelon).

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Boone's?? Wouldn't boxed be less toxic and safer?;)

Maybe run in to you guys this weekend. Camera will be out for the pow thats falling and I need some crash footage.

Happy belated Buckhorn.

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Boone's?? Wouldn't boxed be less toxic and safer?;)

Maybe run in to you guys this weekend. Camera will be out for the pow thats falling and I need some crash footage.

Happy belated Buckhorn.

Boxed???? Oh your gonna take a sound thrashing next time we see you!!!!!:nono:

MHMontana

Reaction score
76 inches at Snotel. Of course Buck is in Vegas when we finally get a little pow pow!!!! :eek:

MHMontana

Reaction score
Of course my riding partner is in VEGAS when the pow pow dumps!!!! Hopefully the hills didn't get too tracked up today, save some fun for us!!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Avy Takes A Life

This is the article from the Missoulian. Bruce was a friend of Eddy's.

The avalanche that took Jungnitsch's life in the Beta Lake drainage was triggered by one of the seven snowmobilers he was riding with, Curry said. When the slide occurred, two members of the group were buried in snow, and only one was rescued alive.

The entire group was well prepared for such an emergency and was equipped with avalanche transceivers, shovels and probes, Curry said.

While search and rescue teams hurried to the scene, they learned that several other avalanches had unleashed in the nearby Lost Johnny drainage, Curry said. Two people had been buried but were successfully rescued by members of their own party, and reports from other avalanches and similar rescues continued to roll in Saturday.

"It was a deadly weekend, but there were a lot of lucky people, too - we could have lost a lot more people in all the other avalanches that occurred up there," Curry said. "These avalanches occurred in places most people would not consider to be high risk. They happened in the trees - not in your standard great big open bowl.

"The landscape of risk can change on a daily basis. But there were a lot of success stories this weekend that shouldn't be overlooked. Being prepared, having the right equipment and knowing how to use it does save lives."

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys I have a friend dal obrien who has a cabin somewere by the graves creek area not sure were havent yet been there but wondering if you guys would be interested in showing a couple guys some good areas to ride down there! I love driving that area as Iam from crowsnest pass ab and ride the flathead valley areas a lot. we dont mind bringing some extra boones either :d

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Graves Creek Ride

I am pretty sure the entire team will be out in force this weekend. We are suppose to get a serious pump starting tomorrow. The BFG, Wee Watermelon, Cane and I are headed up tomorrow to check it out early. When were you going to be down this way?

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Weekend agenda

First off, I want to point to an article I read in the Montana Snowmobile Association paper. It talks about all avalanches need to be reported. Even where no one is involved so they can evaluate it. The Gallatin National Forest Avalanch Center has a website and a method to contact them. Send pictures or description of the event so they can check it out.

We had a great ride yesterday. Two feet plus of powder!!! During the ride, we talked up some options for this weekend. We are thinking both days will be riding days (unless it rains instead of snows up there). Saturday will be a all hands on deck outing. A trip to Wolverine cabin to boondock the trees will be in order. Lunch and a fire in the cabin. Saturday night there has been a request for the Dragon Ladies chicken fried steak. The BFG, Wee Watermelon and possibly Cane will be having a sleep over at Coleman's house. Sunday, Google bowl and Bluebird. Pass the word

Top Bottom