• snowmobile 2011 025.jpg
    snowmobile 2011 025.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 253
  • snowmobile 2011 033.jpg
    snowmobile 2011 033.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 246

sleddnup1

Reaction score
I was pretty pissed when Casey and I were trying to get the sled out and those chumps were just sitting there after they saw the whole thing happen then just rode away. I know of one of the guys that was in that group because he works in the same industry as me and I can tell you the word is out about it up here as well. Big Green bus probably not so welcome next time. Always an A-Hole out there.

Dear SLEDHEAD - i was one of the fella's in the party that you ran across that day. The fella that were stuck we knew from back home. The one cat became stuck in the creek just as your group came down the hill onto the lake. Yes we did sit there and finish out toddies, we then approach the group, two of us dismounted and were within feet of the stuck cat when it was being pulled out, at the time we would of just got in the way. We then assumed (maybe a mistake on our behalf) that all was ok, so we dicided to pullout. we knew if the machine didnt start it was a flat trail out to the staging area. We only had a few experienced riders that day and the rest were first time riders, so we wanted to get them the biggest bang for their buck that day. We were attemping to make it up where your group came down to show the newbies the amount of powder in the tree's. We knew we had to come out the same way and our plan was to check on the downed snomobile. At no point (cause we new the one fella) were we going to leave anybody stranded on the mountain. As for being MIGHTY neighbourly we have assisted and pulled many machines and locals and non locals from that area that were broke down, stranded, lost and out of gas from graves, columbia fall, olny and so on. We spend lots of time in MT cause we enjoy the area's, towns and and most of all the people we've met down there and stayed in touch with. I hope this one episode has not jaded the canadians and the green bus. Once again apologies if you thought we were A-Holes. All the best to you and you're sledding buddies over the holidays.

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
No worries, not the end of the world, I didn't see anyone of your group ride up but my head was down so easily missed perhaps and I wasn't informed otherwise.... It was the first however long of being a two man pull that sucked is all. Was pissed at the time, hanging my head a little as well now for venting when there's no defense cause that's pretty negative of me and I know there are always two sides to the coin, but time goes by and different story now. No worries on my part and am appreciative of the post you made, very stand up.
Majority of the time it's just lack of communication as I would believe that most sledders are out there together..... If not when they go to close areas we're in trouble.
Ride safe, merry xmas.

Now let's get the topic back to the good stuff.

IMG_1558.jpg

10lakes16.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

10lakes12.jpg

BuckHorn

Reaction score
I agree. We need all of us to stick together now so that our riding areas will not be taken from us. We all promise to help each other out, even going as far as giving up an extra beer to a fellow rider in need.

Headed up for a night ride tonight to Weasel cabin. It will be good to get some more snow now!!!

MHMontana

Reaction score
Awesome night ride to Weasal Cabin last night. The moon was beautiful!!!
I hope all of you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Maybe Santa will be bringing new sledding toys to some of the BFRT members ;)
SEE YA SUNDAY!!!!

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Sad to report, but snotel says not much snow???:( On a good note Buck's good ole 670 is looking pretty sweet all stretched out!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went to graves two days ago, snow was ok in the trees, but lots of objects to hit, some carnage by the end of the day

went to hugry horse yesterday, much better, and two feet of powder above 6500 feet, but cold

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Its just a case of SNOTEL Depression... I will pass!! :sadbanana: Holding too long at
65" ... Wanna see a higher number!!! and some Fresh White FLuff..

Hmm a new Acronym... FWF....:rolleyes: I wanna hear what happened last weekend!!

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Just a little 670 fender bender, and Tyler went upside down again! We went out the lower bowl of wolverines and got to far east into some little tree's and lost the route out, so we doubled back and came out through the cabin, didn't want to be lookin for the trail in the dark.
On another note to our Junior Female member (and she knows who she is) remember the first rule in the BFRT Bylaws, Section 1: Rule 1: What happens on the Mountain, Stays on the Mountain! Not on Facebook! Rule 2: No Strawberry Hill. Rule 3: We don't give Ed Whiskey! Rule 4: Don't Cross open Creeks, Ponds or Lakes. Rule 5: Never Follow Wee Watermellon!

Feel free to add to the Bylaws as needed!

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
Amendment to Rule #1: Sub catagory A1: ALL members of the BFRT are entitled to know about any fenderbenders, crashes or any other notable incidents....(pictures would be helpful)

We have to be kept up to date...how else are we to compliment each other on our sometimes lapse of good judgement

MHMontana

Reaction score
Since when does Wee Watermelon wear the pants???!!!! I plead not guilty to the "facebook scandal", I was just providing worthy information to our fellow members that were not in attendance that day(Orange Hurricane and Blackberry DragonLady). We never leave a BFRT member behind, right (I'm pretty sure that should be a ByLaw, unless it is Eddy sleeping in the snow)? They needed full (as in pictures) comprehension of Sunday's happenings. Not guilty. I am not computer saavy enough to post the pictures on here yet. I will figure it out so Wee Watermelon doesn't get his panties in a bind. We wouldn't want that to happen! :nono:

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
MH... I will show you how to post pics....it is fairly easy.. As for MR WEE Watermelon......I have to backup what was posted on facebook.. She was asked for information...which she did not initially give..she did say it would be explained the next ride out...

and by the way.....Where is Mr President???? OOOHHH YYYAAA.

That would be VEGAS!!! Slacking in his duties

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Bylaws

I propose a couple of items for the bylaws for review and comment.
6. December 1st is declared "National BFRT Holiday"
7. The BFRT team can not pass Beer Meadow without at least one beer being consumed.
8. Mustard Lake will be designated as Holy Ground and a special dance will be performed by the group when we first arrive at this holy place.
9. BFRT Team membership comes with certain standards:
9a. A potential member must have five rides with the group during a season before they are even eligible to become a member.
9b. If the five rides are satisfied, a vote of the full membership will take place on acceptance of potential member.
9c. There will be a trial period of at least three rides before a BFRT name is given to the potential member.
9d. Wee Watermelon will be the official for all new members.

MHMontana

Reaction score
ByLaw #7 needs to also include consumption of AT LEAST one bottle of Boones at Beer Meadow. After all, we are the Boones Farm Race Team.:beer:

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
BFRT Bylaws,
Section 1:
Rule 1: What happens on the Mountain, Stays on the Mountain! Not on Facebook!
Amendment to Rule #1: Sub catagory A1: ALL members of the BFRT are entitled to know about any fenderbenders, crashes or any other notable incidents....(pictures would be helpful)

Rule 2: No Strawberry Hill.
Rule 3: We don't give Ed Whiskey!
Rule 4: Don't Cross open Creeks, Ponds or Lakes.
Rule 5: Never Follow Wee Watermellon!
6. December 1st is declared "National BFRT Holiday"
7. The BFRT team can not pass Beer Meadow without at least one beer being consumed.
8. Mustard Lake will be designated as Holy Ground and a special dance will be performed by the group when we first arrive at this holy place.
9. BFRT Team membership comes with certain standards:
9a. A potential member must have five rides with the group during a season before they are even eligible to become a member.
9b. If the five rides are satisfied, a vote of the full membership will take place on acceptance of potential member.
9c. There will be a trial period of at least three rides before a BFRT name is given to the potential member.
9d. Wee Watermelon will be the official for all new members.

Top Bottom