Good riding near Calgary?

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be around Calgary with my dirty bike in tow. Where are some good riding areas close by? My bikes not insured either. Am I going to have trouble riding in the middle of the week?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny the best place to ride trails around Calgary is McLean Creek and I wouldnt set foot in there without insurnace/registration.

You could hit up the Blackfoot MX Park as it is a track and insurance/registration is not required.

If I were you buddy I would seriously consider getting insurance/registration if you plan to ride trails.... look what happened to Wes! In fact we were out at Wes' cabin for May long and my buddy Seth had is bike confiscated becuase he had no proof of documents... they're really starting to crack down.

Have fun!

CobraCDN

Reaction score
Website
www.mlpaint.ca
Is there anything online showing the McLean creek trails? Also, we usually camp at Beaver Flats, can we still stage at McLean creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
Thanks, what about staging there do they have a parking area if your not camping there?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, lots of parking all over the place. Just make sure to lock up your truck and hide all your valuables.

Radagast

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard quite a few stories about stuff getting swiped out there. Lock all your stuff up.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi there just got back from afull week at mclean creek great riding there lots of chit for qudders never seen no srd patrols during the week but tons of trails dry wet what ever you wish and lots of hills you can stage at mclean trail/or the elbow trail/or even out towards fissher creek trail never had none of my chit taken winched alot of guys out though free beer for those ones you'll have a blast out there seen srd headin out there towards the end of the week.cheers.smokind

crrider12564

Reaction score
The best place for the uninsured is irricanna gravel pit. My favorite spot. Jumping, hill climbing, open flats. About 160 acres. Went last week. Going again tomorrow. Free. Its like an mx park. Lots of action to watch.

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
Apparently burnt timber and indian graves are good for bikes too, i haven't been out there yet, but some friends head there now instead of waip and maclean because its not as busy and doesn't have the Tree police cruising around nearly as often. Just another option.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best place for the uninsured is irricanna gravel pit. My favorite spot. Jumping, hill climbing, open flats. About 160 acres. Went last week. Going again tomorrow. Free. Its like an mx park. Lots of action to watch.

Hey where is this area in Irricanna? I have been told about it before but never found out where exactly? Heading North on #9 we have seen a few spots that look like a gravel pit but were unsure where to go.

There is the one area where the big turn in the road goes East then North again which I think is off the 567?, we just don't want to piss anyone off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom