Garage Heater

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this one installed a few years ago, it has a horizontal exhaust and it does stick out the side wall about 3 ft

Attachments

• Garage heater 1.jpg
    Garage heater 1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Garage heater 2.jpg
    Garage heater 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 230

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a radiant heater from ufa here in Alberta, for $900.00 comes with hangers, thermostat, exhaust, etc... I plumbed in the gas myself in an afternoon. Super easy to install and heats my 3 car in 15 min. It's awesome.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is awesome info guys...

Anyone have a outside pictures of a side vent exhaust?

pretty sure at this point i will be buying the heater this weekend and installing it.

maxpower

Reaction score
I bought a radiant heater from ufa here in Alberta, for $900.00 comes with hangers, thermostat, exhaust, etc... I plumbed in the gas myself in an afternoon. Super easy to install and heats my 3 car in 15 min. It's awesome.

Anybody have an estimate on what it costs to run a heater? I have a 4 car and use a wood stove & a dividing tarp to heat 1 bay. Takes about 3 hours to get it +8 on the one side. I'd love gas heat but don't want the bill any higher.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a propane heater i use to thaw the sleds out ..Crank it for a hour and its warmer in the garage than it is in the house..garage is 20x21 attached. Cheap compared to putting a heater in,but not ideal i suppose..

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have an estimate on what it costs to run a heater? I have a 4 car and use a wood stove & a dividing tarp to heat 1 bay. Takes about 3 hours to get it +8 on the one side. I'd love gas heat but don't want the bill any higher.
Depends on the size of your garage, if it's insulated or not, how cold it is outside and what temperature you want to keep it at. My plan is to just keep my garage at +2 or 3 degrees, that way it will melt everything and be just enough to dry it out. If I'm going to be doing any work on my sled, I would crank it up to +10 for the time needed.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I leave mine at 17-18* all the time....furnace runs less than if you are always bringing the temp up and down (if you are out there every day like I am). It adds about 25% to my gas bill...cheap cheap. House is 1200sq ft (plus 1000 basement)...garage is 900 sq ft (detached). Garage is 2x6 walls, insulated and finished with good steel insulated doors. I used to turn it up and down all the time, but found it is more efficient to just let everything get warm and stay warm.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm away for 2 weeks at a time at work, so it just needs to be warm enough to melt snow off the vehicles and make starting easier. When I am home, I will maybe only spend a day or two over the 2 week span I'm home with it warmer for working on my sled. Rest of the time it will be kept just above zero. Also will make a great beer fridge at that temp.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try the can tire ceiling mount electric for a 2 car attached?

And how would a wood burner affect your home insurance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try the can tire ceiling mount electric for a 2 car attached?

And how would a wood burner affect your home insurance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of electric fan driven heaters in my drying room that I suspended above head height to keep them out of harms way, and I can tell you that you will likely need a pretty strong air mover fan to circulate the heat, and not let it all gather near the ceiling and be lost to the attic eventually. My heaters have their own built in thermostats and they were shutting down because they were hot, and the lower part of the room was still pretty cool. Put in a circ fan and it works much better.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Buy a stove that can burn wood or coal. Problem solved. Cheapest option in the short and long run.

Unless it burns the garage and house insurance tends to from where fire and gas powered things stored in the same spot...id call insurance before i would try it

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My previous garage had a forced air heater. Our new place has a radiant tube heater installed. Its nice and quiet, keeps the garage nice and warm and heats it up fast if required. There "suposed" to be more efficient as well. I'll take a pic and post it.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Princess Auto Mr. Heater in my 26X28 garage and it can heat to any temp. Have had it 3 winters now and not a moments issue. Cheap and B vent out the side. I would not go with a portable propane unit as burning propane gives off alot of water and once your garage freezes you will have icicles from everything, or rust on anything metal.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing the heater in my garage with one of these. A buddy has one in his for 3-4 years now, not a hitch. Waiting for them to go on sale again.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine is a heat/AC guy and told me it was the way to go as far as heaters. Pretty much a Lenox heater he said. Mines not yet installed ( Ran out of time in the fall and no desire to freeze while putting it up)

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you secure the strut to the ceiling?

I believe they are lag screwed into the joists but never looked that close. I had it installed by a contractor so not sure but it has not come down in the last 3 years :-}

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a gas fitter and the PA mister heater are great little units I've installed dozens, Price is good as well. If you have the ceiling height consider a radiant tube. awesome and you don't lose all heat when you open the door.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are lag screwed into the joists but never looked that close. I had it installed by a contractor so not sure but it has not come down in the last 3 years :-}

thanks i was wondering if lags would work

Top Bottom