Fuel Pump issues

tank1000

Reaction score
Fuel pump under my engine is running, but fuel pump in tank is not working. Why is there two pumps and what do I do to fix my problem?:confused: I assume I need a new pump but is there anything else? What are the two censors on the air box?:faint:
(2005 rev 1000)

Last edited:

Hold it Open

Reaction score
There are two pumps on the 1000 sdi. The one under the engine is a low pressure pump that fills a resivoir where the high pressue pump is contained. This pump supplies fuel to the injectors. If the tank mounted pump doesn't work check the wiring and do a voltage test at the pump. If you have power at the pump replace it. It's common for either pump to fail. I have replaced several. Hope this helps you.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out dootalk add a lp pump by the battery leave the one under the engine for a spare pics on dootalk and the sensors in the air box temp sensor and air presure

tank1000

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys think i fixed it i put in new high pressure pump runs fine now going to install pods thats why needed to know what the sensors did i did use a fuel pump for a vortec chev should word same psi and way cheaper

tank1000

Reaction score
dont remember the part numb but gm basically only makes two pumps one for a throttle boby lp 15-20psi and one for a direct injection (vortec) truck 96-98 5.7l which puts out 60-65 running pressure dead head pressure exceeds 80psi so pump has enough psi and since it goes through factory fuel regulator should be good and only 114 my cost from lordco

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much power does use ? did you put a relay to your fuel pumps that sled was not made to run two pumps bad idea by skidoo.

tank1000

Reaction score
i only replaced hp punp in tank just sayingg there is two types of chev fuel pumps make sure u get the right one didnt change any wiring

Top Bottom