For the Sake of All Sledders and Quadders.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, I agree completely with your statements. 3 years ago I spend a few days just before Christmas at the hospital praying my 15 year old son would live after a tragic crash while snowboarding...he was wearing all the right gear.

I too outfit myself and my kid in the correct riding gear but it's been an education process over the past few years. I started adding gear as I met people who had been hurt w/o the right gear. It has been through other peoples mishaps that I have been educated. This is what makes a thread like this so valuable...learn from others.
The reason I PM'd you was that you didn't deserve to be beat up on the site over an accident where you knew who was to blame, you had stated it and we move on.

For those who don't gear up correctly, here is your chance to gain some education. Read and learn...change your ways...live to ride another day.

Good post.

You betcha Bunny Man.....We learn....We Change....We set Good examples.....We Try to Correct the wrongs.....We hope others Learn.
That is the reason why I'am so against the censorship of the deleted pics.If the pics stood we could then have debated the WRONGS of that example. Yes maybe some would of said well if they ride without safety equipment ,so can I. But the majority of posts responding to the pictures would have been negative.A message we need to keep repeating over and over till the end of time, because each season brings a new crop of riders..... Remember when the Drunk driving commercials where on TV with pics of Blood and Gore......that WORKED better than the pussy foot message.
Everyone Ride Smart .

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Snotrocket more so now than ever on the education and and proper equipment when riding. One big problem is the machines are getting bigger and faster,(lack of respect for the machine) I wear all my proper equipment when sledding BUT im thinking of qauding with a tek vest aswell. I have a 6 yr old son who loves sleds and qauds well anything with a motor and as a DAD its my Job to insure the He has all the safety gear when riding and Also that I be safe so that i can take him sledding and qauding as he grows up. Im not much good to him if im DEAD.
p.s It really pisses me off to see all the people out camping this summer and there kids are riding the parents qaud No helemts on or foot wear, Then to cap it off they been drinking all day and then go for a ride with there children no helments on or anything So I ask Is this PLAYING SAFE THE KIDS DID'NT ASK FOR IT AND IF THAT THE LESSON WE ARE WANTING TO TEACH OUR KIDS.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Snotrocket more so now than ever on the education and and proper equipment when riding. One big problem is the machines are getting bigger and faster,(lack of respect for the machine) I wear all my proper equipment when sledding BUT im thinking of qauding with a tek vest aswell. I have a 6 yr old son who loves sleds and qauds well anything with a motor and as a DAD its my Job to insure the He has all the safety gear when riding and Also that I be safe so that i can take him sledding and qauding as he grows up. Im not much good to him if im DEAD.
p.s It really pisses me off to see all the people out camping this summer and there kids are riding the parents qaud No helemts on or foot wear, Then to cap it off they been drinking all day and then go for a ride with there children no helments on or anything So I ask Is this PLAYING SAFE THE KIDS DID'NT ASK FOR IT AND IF THAT THE LESSON WE ARE WANTING TO TEACH OUR KIDS.

My 2 cents.
Exactly bd...............I agree with your statement.." I'am not much good to him if I'am DEAD".........And also you will be the WALKING DEAD if HE is DEAD.
Some parents need to be punished for neglegent[sp] behavior.....Some of them need to be convicted of Manslaughter......We know this probably wont happen.
It always amazes me how little kids watching TV anti smoking commerials will turn to their parents and say...Why do you smoke, Dont you want to live?............My Grand daughter asked me that very question{I miss a cig high on the Mtn.}.......But my point is some young peeps are keeners and can be educated correctly......and yes sometimes they teach us old fuggs good lessons TOO.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AGREED ROC, and its the kids or grandkids that look up to us as there hero's......... Well we not looking to good as heros if we are pulling off these types of stunts. I love my kids very much and I will do what ever i can to make sure that they enjoy outdoor sports by having fun AND playing safe. for them and me.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well this might sound bad but i have done the stupid things as well ( rippin across a leke a 110 mph on a sled after a few beers ,now with that said it was 10 yrs ago ,i will admit it .I have crashed a couple of times ,,( not from alcohol) but from people saying you can out highmark him it is hard when you are a teen growing up with peer pressure to do things because other people are doing it. 10 years later as i am 32 i don;t have the slightest problem to tell someone to Faulk off if they are being a a$$.I sold all my sleds because it scared me sometimes and that i didn;t ride enough anymore.But like someone else mentioned i allways were a helmut and boots and gloves.I don;t wear body armour because it is too hot in the summer and i get dizzy if it is too hot (medical thing)I ride within my abilities i don't climb steep hills and i don't show off.I use my brain and ride the quad like it is desided for .It is a 650# toy .and if some people think they have bigger testicles than i do because they are not scared to hurt themselves or destroy there machine then i do not want to be associated with them.... After i grew up I joined a vollunteer fire dept. i was there for 10 years and saw a ton of bad chit that helped me realise how precious life is .That fire education took me to Calgary fire Dept.And it goes on and on..... Whey that was long

Last edited:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread going on here. I have had numerous conversations with friends lately about all the injuries and deaths in the news pertaining to atv's and all the preventable accidents. So sad and so unneccesary.

Funny how we would never let our kids step out on the ice without full equipment including helmuts ofcourse and even mouth guards? They are protected from head to toe, they could be run over by the Zamboni and not even feel it. They skate at maybe 5 - 10 miles perhour?? But we will let them pound around on an atv at times up to 20 -30 mph with only a helmut? If we can afford full gear for our kids to play hockey we diffinately should spend the cash on full equipment so they can be safe riding their quads and sleds which pose a WAY bigger risk to their safety.

Have'nt been on S&M in a while but I'm glad I read this post. I needed a good reminder myself as all 3 of my little brats ride sleds and quads. Thanks snotrocket. Glad to see you have something good to say LOL :d Way to go!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread going on here. I have had numerous conversations with friends lately about all the injuries and deaths in the news pertaining to atv's and all the preventable accidents. So sad and so unneccesary.

Funny how we would never let our kids step out on the ice without full equipment including helmuts ofcourse and even mouth guards? They are protected from head to toe, they could be run over by the Zamboni and not even feel it. They skate at maybe 5 - 10 miles perhour?? But we will let them pound around on an atv at times up to 20 -30 mph with only a helmut? If we can afford full gear for our kids to play hockey we diffinately should spend the cash on full equipment so they can be safe riding their quads and sleds which pose a WAY bigger risk to their safety.

Have'nt been on S&M in a while but I'm glad I read this post. I needed a good reminder myself as all 3 of my little brats ride sleds and quads. Thanks snotrocket. Glad to see you have something good to say LOL :d Way to go!

Your looking good...........................:d
Thats 2 things
3 and I'am a angel:d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AW, SROC, YOU'RE BLUSHING..... U IS AN ANGEL..... THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THREADS ON THE SITE IN A LONG TIME.... :beer:;)
5'8, 250lbs. bald, Jap with wings..........Hope buhdddddaaaaa can fly:d

Back to the topic at hand..........lets hear what everyone is wearing for safety equipment...specify brands..please and TY

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AW, SROC, YOU'RE BLUSHING..... U IS AN ANGEL..... THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THREADS ON THE SITE IN A LONG TIME.... :beer:;)

How can SROC be an angel?? :d If I said half the crap that he says on this site I'd be crucified :d Whats his secret :confused:

However.. this is one of the best threads I've seen in a while, must be dumb luck, coming from a Cat guy. :d:d:beer::beer::beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can SROC be an angel?? :d If I said half the crap that he says on this site I'd be crucified :d Whats his secret :confused:

However.. this is one of the best threads I've seen in a while, must be dumb luck, coming from a Cat guy. :d:d:beer::beer:

Smart peeps just ignore me:d......I have Special Minority Rights:d
Cat-Yammy guy.
:d:

This year I'm going to try and wear a leatt neck brace also in addition to
ABS air bags
Motorolla radios
Klim Tek Vest
Custom kidney wrap from sports science
Global Sat phone
Lowrance Color GPS
Mallumut[sp] beacon
SOS probe
Bell helmet
Scott goggles and 509 goggles
Full Klim outers...which are padded.
A/C shovel..1 on sled ...1 on pack..
Klim and Irish setter boots
and ipod rocking to Bon Jovi.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my list,
Coldwave jacket ,gloves, bibs
baffin boots
msr kidney belt, gloves
fox boots,gloves,roost protector
answer pants, shirts
scott and pro grip goggles
gmax,polaris,ckx helmets (1 for each sport)
sos probe,saw,shovel
ortovox beacon
ACR locating/distress beacon(same thing downed pilots/parachutist use)
dakine backpack

Top Bottom