Flatdecks in Alberta???

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone selling or building aluminum flatbeds in Alberta? It'd be for a 2015 Ford F350 (shortbox) Thinking of ditching the box for the winter and hauling sleds on a flatdeck. Silverlake in Idaho makes nice ones, but I'd rather keep it semi local. TIA

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother inlaw just got a real nice welding deck from a guy in Camrose. He's on kijji pricing was quite reasonable might be worth tracking him down.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly just buy a sled deck and save a pile of cash and they are more convenient. My company truck has a super nice flat deck on it and I dislike using it to haul the sleds. It sucks for storage!!! Forever strapping down jerry cans and crap like that. It's so much nicer having all the box space to store jerry cans , extra parts, jugs of oil, tarps, straps, sled bags, booze. I end up using my person truck more often to haul the sleds because the sled deck is much more convenient.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone selling or building aluminum flatbeds in Alberta? It'd be for a 2015 Ford F350 (shortbox) Thinking of ditching the box for the winter and hauling sleds on a flatdeck. Silverlake in Idaho makes nice ones, but I'd rather keep it semi local. TIA

As you probably know, I have a SLM aluminum flat deck and I have never looked back. Two tool boxes for straps, tarps and things. Super glides on the deck and ramp and hooks for two sets of SuperClamps. Very well built and contrary to one poster, not that pricey. The base price is actually cheaper than a deck (not cheaper than the knock-offs). I had the camera and back up sensors installed. Sold my box, bumper, and tailgate to a body shop. It is true about the storage but I don't haul great quantities of gas nor fuel. Great for the wife and I and all our gear is in the back seat.

Falcon Industries in the Fort does great work. Contact Brandon as he was the one who designed the sweet aluminum drying rack for the FSA cabin in the Rolling Hills.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly just buy a sled deck and save a pile of cash and they are more convenient. My company truck has a super nice flat deck on it and I dislike using it to haul the sleds. It sucks for storage!!! Forever strapping down jerry cans and crap like that. It's so much nicer having all the box space to store jerry cans , extra parts, jugs of oil, tarps, straps, sled bags, booze. I end up using my person truck more often to haul the sleds because the sled deck is much more convenient.

I've been running sled decks since the mid 90's and to be honest...I'd rather have a flatdeck. My main reason is for the ability to lower the center of gravity and to increase the drivability of the truck when loaded. And the wife would feel much more comfortable loading at the lower level. I haul a trailer for all my bigger trips and it has everything but the kitchen sink in it. If you set it up right - hauling fuel, parts and tools is easy...and the crew cab is for gear IMO. The only thing I ever put under my deck is a couple fuel cans and a small tool box, so the lack of storage doesn't concern me.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Renee at Blindman Aluminum Welding in Rimbey 403-391-1407. He was STF's shop foreman for a bunch of years. It's a bit of a hike from Okotoks, but he's affordable, and does great work. Most of his stuff is custom built, so it would be right up his alley.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly just buy a sled deck and save a pile of cash and they are more convenient.

If you saw how tall Kevin's trucks always are you might think twice about that. :D

Honestly, I miss having a deck instead of a box. Even at a standard height I don't much like loading and unloading on a sled deck any more. Might be the most dangerous thing I do all day riding.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: Then again.....maybe not. (Insert comment from Catinthehat here!) :D

Last edited:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live about 5 minutes from there shop and seen lot of there work although haven't really look close at the decks but there work I have seen has been good,they build lots ove work boxes, welding units, been at it along time,they use lots of young new welder because they don't pay great but quality control seems good.if you call there ask for bill,he is a good sh#t.

Top Bottom