Fernie Snowmobile Association grooming......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey Doug, do you know if they are logging on the lodgepole? Thinking of checking out Harvey. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were and it was plowed on past the compressor station and into the Flathead from what I heard. Haven't heard when they will be finished. That is second hand information so I don't really know the validity.

guido88gt

Reaction score
So what's the word on the rolling hills,pipe line and the notch? 81 cm in the passed week. Worth a trip from calgary?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

polarischik

Reaction score
So is the only option morrisey for staging? Heading out for 5 days riding. Looking for some different options. Thanks

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were at morrissey yesterday for a ride the road going in is rougher than the trail going to the cabin, the parking lot was almost full by 2 and it was chilly going up the trail at a good speed. not a lot of snow but enough to have fun in the open meadows, they need a big dump the area is getting rode hard with all the traffic. when are they going to open the coal creek staging area it is a lot closer to drive.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were at morrissey yesterday for a ride the road going in is rougher than the trail going to the cabin, the parking lot was almost full by 2 and it was chilly going up the trail at a good speed. not a lot of snow but enough to have fun in the open meadows, they need a big dump the area is getting rode hard with all the traffic. when are they going to open the coal creek staging area it is a lot closer to drive.

Really!!!! NOT A LOT OF SNOW!!!! Wow we pulled fresh lines all day long with a min 2-3' fresh untouchedand wayyyyyy deeper in other areas. When you got to the main areas yes it was pounded but I guess you need to know where to go and was really surprised that we didn't see people where the deep stuff was (maybe 6 sleds) but saw 20-30 at the pipeline

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Really!!!! NOT A LOT OF SNOW!!!! Wow we pulled fresh lines all day long with a min 2-3' fresh untouchedand wayyyyyy deeper in other areas. When you got to the main areas yes it was pounded but I guess you need to know where to go and was really surprised that we didn't see people where the deep stuff was (maybe 6 sleds) but saw 20-30 at the pipeline

Good and nice to hear. But that Shawn dude has some stashes that are quite secret!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode 26th 27th was epic untracked all day and trail was in decent shape surprised no one was collecting fees would of liked to pay to keep the grooming going

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode 26th 27th was epic untracked all day and trail was in decent shape surprised no one was collecting fees would of liked to pay to keep the grooming going

We rode untracked today also. I wouldn't nor would anybody that rode up there today pay for a trail pass on that trail. It is very tough to remaining positive and help out with the trail as whooped out as it is. Morrissey to the Wranglers is brutal. The trail around the Summit is good as there is not much traffic there. Gotta get another groom in there pretty soon.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boxing Day it was good 27th was definitely deteriorating but after last week was a cake walk just glad there's snow down there the drive over Rogers pass was getting old

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on logging up coal creek yet or when they will be done?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Still trucks going up and down on Monday. No idea when they will be finished. If there was a great big dump of snow, they may say they are finished instead of plowing and the trouble operating. If there is not a great big dump, I would expect them to continue no matter what they tell the public.

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still trucks going up and down on Monday. No idea when they will be finished. If there was a great big dump of snow, they may say they are finished instead of plowing and the trouble operating. If there is not a great big dump, I would expect them to continue no matter what they tell the public.

That sucks. Well hopefully there are many big dumps for many obvious reasons and they can wrap up.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had two great days of snow yesterday and today. Found some new areas also. And off beaten trail there is lots of snow. Doing some more exploring tomorrow and hope the sun is out again tomorrow.

Top Bottom