Fernie Snowmobile Association grooming......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The FSA is starting to groom in Fernie. Due to continued logging, the grooming program will not be in full swing. Coal Creek is still in active logging mode until further notice and there will be no grooming on the Coal Creek trail until the logging is finished. On an active logging road, it is illegal to ride a snowmobile in BC. Morrissey is the staging area to use. Grooming is starting tomorrow, December 23, 2015 and will be from the Morrissey parking lot to the Wrangler’s cabin, through the Doug Dean trail to the Rolling Hills cabin, around the Coal Summit and down to Morrissey. It is important not to infringe on FWA’s operations (Fernie Wilderness Adventures), so access to the FWA driveway cannot be blocked and parking needs to be before their property. Park in designated parking lot only, no parking on roadway between parking lot and FWA driveway, do not drive beyond FWA driveway as it is Private Land.

The FSA is doing the initial grooming (setting the trail width and filling in the creeks) at club expense. No charge will be passed on to riders until the trail is in good shape. If you would like to contribute, FSA memberships are available at Ghostrider Motorsports in Fernie.

Enjoy Fernie and the attributes of the Fernie Snowmobile Association. The base is great and conditions are pretty darn good. Still lots of untracked snow out there.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Doug. I hope people respect the fwa and stay out of there area right now,

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's great news morrisey is rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom