Fencing red deer area

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new house (take possession on sept 26) and need to get a fence up pretty quick
Does anybody on here In the red deer area do fencing looking to have someone come and drill fence post holes and set posts with concrete (6x6 pressure treated)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a driveway gate in the red deer area and anyone local that ive talked too is 10g for what im looking for. I could build.one myself for a lot less. But i found these guys out of Richmond that have a decent looking 16ft gate for under 2g. Anybody have any experience with these guys?

I have to go down Chilliwack anyways. So i could get the gate at the same time.

Screenshot_20230913_142549_Samsung Internet.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have experience of who not to get your gate and install from though. I had Phoenix fence put mine in lasted 6 months then they reinstalled lasted at the most 1.5 years then started sagging. There posts were in the ground 3’ with some light concrete. They installed the gate 3 1/2” from asphalt. That doesn’t work with snow. 2.5 years in the gate was hitting the asphalt and all crooked. Ripped out now mounting properly myself to the point concrete block pillars that are on a sound foundation. So install yourself and put up minimum 10” from the ground.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a driveway gate in the red deer area and anyone local that ive talked too is 10g for what im looking for. I could build.one myself for a lot less. But i found these guys out of Richmond that have a decent looking 16ft gate for under 2g. Anybody have any experience with these guys?

I have to go down Chilliwack anyways. So i could get the gate at the same time.

View attachment 273219
I noticed that brand in the last Richie’s auction. Was not gates but other things.

But it all looked like cheap uncle wieners stuff. I think they are just rebranding cheap china imports.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
👆Didn’t think the that would be your style.

Looks like it for the entrance to a mosque

Ya not really a fan of the gold spikes. But just want an iron fence and not wanting to spend 10g + for one at this time. probably will just build one

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waiyfair has this for 4000$. Think its aluminum though.

Paris+Black+Metal+Included.jpg

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You check out command Gate? They are in your hood and have their own operator system.

But I only know they exist because my buddy bought a place that had that system but its operators were all fawked up.

Attachments

• IMG_7273.png
    IMG_7273.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 57

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines from Heavenly Gates. Custom design all aluminum. It was about that 4g for supply only.

Lift master Operators are overpriced though!

All in gates are expensive! Worth it though!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You check out command Gate? They are in your hood and have their own operator system.

But I only know they exist because my buddy bought a place that had that system but its operators were all fawked up.

I'll check them out. Price wise I mean. The gates look good.

But I have welders, plasma torch's, a shop ext Think I could build something like this myself.

20170626_Kevin_Nixon_Innisfail_AB_CGD-01_173628.jpg

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines from Heavenly Gates. Custom design all aluminum. It was about that 4g for supply only.

Lift master Operators are overpriced though!

All in gates are expensive! Worth it though!

I second Heavenly Gates. I did the supply only and looked after install myself. Don’t cheap out on the foundation or whatever you’re going to anchor them too. Any slight movement on the hinge side will be amplified in the middle.

The gates themselves can be straightforward depending on whatever design you want. But it takes experience knowing exactly where to mount the operators, magnetic locks, which angles to cut and weld the frame so wiring can be routed inside, etc. Heavenly Gates was very knowledgeable and helpful with everything I needed. I’ve had mine for about 5 years now with zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0733.jpeg
IMG_0736.jpeg

Make your own gate. Concrete fence was a fair bit of work though.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a few drop in units at the last Richie’s in grand prairie
1694667792028.jpeg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never been to a richie bros auction.
Never would have thought they had gates.

If i could get a deal then might be worth trying. Id like to get this done before winter. But summer is passing by fast.

The one post/pile is gonna be really close to a gas line too.

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pine hill colony west of penhold i believe still does custom wrought iron fencing and gates

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have bought stuff from TMG through Century Auctions. Their stuff is as good as any other knock off manufacturer.
A friend bought their gates, re-painted them and have been working great for years

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sierra Solutions for gates! I weld them so good quality!

They look good. This one here would be perfect.

Thinking they are probably a lot more$

Than the chinese ones though..haha

70a8c6716211b57c949911730359a887.jpeg.jpg

Top Bottom