F350 theft deterrent

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Try Smyl in Whitecourt. They normally have a fair stock of long box crew cabs at a competitive price. They are popular in the oil patch out here.

That's the biggest part of the problem. All the trucks brought in for the patch don't have leather, moon roof, rear slider, carpet, heated power seats, etc.. I mean, an ol' fart can't live without those amenities!

There are lots of 350's and 3500's but generally "contractor trucks" so I keep looking!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why dont you order one from the factory exactly how you want it?

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the biggest part of the problem. All the trucks brought in for the patch don't have leather, moon roof, rear slider, carpet, heated power seats, etc.. I mean, an ol' fart can't live without those amenities!

There are lots of 350's and 3500's but generally "contractor trucks" so I keep looking!

Most all of the "contractor" trucks in the oilfield here have the "amenities" you are looking for!! It is the trucks supplied by the oil companies themselves that might be missing some of the goodies! I drive the type of 3500 you are looking for and have always found a good selection here.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like old mountain said most people in the oil patch have loaded trucks cause we live in the stupid things so may as well be comfortable. And like he also said smyl in whitecourt has a good selection. The family has delt there for years and old Joe was always decent with prices.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Most all of the "contractor" trucks in the oilfield here have the "amenities" you are looking for!! It is the trucks supplied by the oil companies themselves that might be missing some of the goodies! I drive the type of 3500 you are looking for and have always found a good selection here.

Like old mountain said most people in the oil patch have loaded trucks cause we live in the stupid things so may as well be comfortable. And like he also said smyl in whitecourt has a good selection. The family has delt there for years and old Joe was always decent with prices.

Smyl in Whitecourt has a good selection of 3500HD's like you said. He has no 2013 GMC 3500HD's SLT's with extended cabs with an 8' box, 6 liter gas, and single rear axle. There are none in Western Canada according to dealer searches. Sorry guys but that is what I have found.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even thieves don't want to be seen in a dodge!! Obviously no value in stealing one for the thieves

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, sounds like a US vacation is on order. Shop for a new used truck and deliver it to the flatdeck company while you are at it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie, sounds like a US vacation is on order. Shop for a new used truck and deliver it to the flatdeck company while you are at it.

Hahahahaha..........That has been explored. I have a trip planned to Kalispel this coming week. Wouldn't one know it, just when the dollar is going down!!

Graveler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=3]Top 10 targets[/h]Vehicle Claims*

Ford F-250 crew 4WD…7.0
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew… 6.7
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 …6.1
GMC Sierra 1500 crew …6.0
Ford F-350 crew 4WD …5.6
Cadillac Escalade 4WD …5.5
Chevrolet Suburban 1500 …5.4
GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab …4.7