Engine light on at 6000 rpm only

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
I always run premium, but bought last tank of premo from a sketchy gas station in a small town. Can I try an octane boost, or just drain the tank? Thanks!!

ridindirtym3

Reaction score
I had the same problem today, between 6 and 7000rpm it would come on, drop below 6000 it would go off, punch it and had lot's of power and light would go out. Went away once we got up to higher elevation though. Oil reservoir is leaking, I see there's two fuses right there getting dripped on.

If the engine light comes on i think it goes to limp mode (max 5000 rpm) and that wasn't happening. My handlebar warmers would only work for about 5 seconds as well, the light would show there on full on the gauge and the light would just go and they wouldn't heat up, thumb warmer worked. Electrical gremlin??

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Im geussing its the knock sensor if its only at and specific RPM. NEED good fuel for the 800R's.
Did you get the knock sensor update also-

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Knock sensor update? what is this all about?

There are a few situations where the knock sensor would put the unit into limp home mode for what ever reason no matter how small and would not reset itself untill the dealer would erase the fualt. So now with the update when the unit is shut down the ECU will rest the fault.

Burnster

Reaction score
There is what the dealer called a campaign or what's known as a recall on some 800 R's. They have to tell the detonation sensor to go back to original settings when you shut the sled off. Got mine done and runs way better.

tjx

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening with my 09, check engine message a 6000 and then go out at 8000. I had a broken wire going to the e-raves.

JackSplat

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening with my 09, check engine message a 6000 and then go out at 8000. I had a broken wire going to the e-raves.

X2.... took mine in and they thought it was e-rave solenoid. Got the new solenoid in and they hooked it up and still didn't work. in the end they tracked it back to a broken wire! With the engine light on and raves not operating properly mine wouldn't rev over about 7300 and was a complete dog.

Top Bottom