Dynamo Joe mtn ramps on a etec

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. 2013 XM 800. You get quicker rpms off the bottom than stock. Lots of throttle response at slow speeds with less aggressive pull than stock (at slower speed). Less "herky jerky" than stock when going slow. Very smooth track control from dead stop. Nice for trees. Im not a hillclimber but apparently they benefit by keeping rpms responsive at the end of a climb when you are slowing down.
Mid and top end speeds the ramp is identical to stock 441s

I dont find any benefit for flatlanding unless you have very deep slow. They not promoted for such an application.

Last edited:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work excellent in a turbo Xp. No XM but the engines are the same. Like Sask said, quick rpm on the bottom, and recovers fast when chopping on and off in the trees. I'm running his complete mountain kit and I'm quite happy with it.

Sent while on double bubble.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the dj mnt set up too in the mountains it performed very well i was out climbing my bros assault and he has a 155 i only run 146 he was pretty pissed about that. for back home in sask i just changed the weights and left the mountain ramps in an its not performing very good (kinda feels soft taking off almost like a 4 stroke) i think a guy should probably take the mountain ramps out but i plan on goin to golden asap so im leaving it for now

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told if u get the toungsden rods (dont think i spelled that right but anyhoo) an prob make some adjustments that u can find that sweet spot again but i did notice that it performed alot better in the mountains than in sask but i just changed weights an left the mnt ramps in not sure if ur supposed to do that. im goin to bc at for a least ten more days so i figured i would leave them in i need full performance there dont care if i have full performance in sask no need to try an show people up on the flatlands I can still stand er up for most of a qrt an havent blown a belt since i got the kit so that makes it worth it right there

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just to follow up here, I did purchase a set of dynomoe joe mountain ramps. These things rock! Alot more snap to it down low for pulling airs, holding rpm to a slower speed, builds rpm much faster. They are aggressive and would work very well for 3" track owners! Only downside was it seemed to hunt for rpms a little right around 61 to 6300rpm on the trails. Please sleep in mind I did not get a clutch kit...JuST the ramps and bolt me in.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a couple sets if anyone needs them.
Be in Drayton later next week and can bring along .
Wed, thur.

Top Bottom