Dragon wins Snowest DPC

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got to see a Dragon climb against anything. Saw a few at the cabins, and cruising around; but we never actually saw one poking a hill with a bunch of other sleds. I've heard stories varying from it being a real strong 700, but not able to climb close to where an XR-S could. To guys saying that they saw a stock Dragon hangin' right in there with a stock M1000 and outclimbing an M8, an XR-S, and a twin piped 800 Vertical Escape on a steep hill in real deep, early January powder. Anyone see a good head to head shootout that backs up the Dragon being awarded the winner of the shootout? The conditions were far from powder conditions I know but still...WTF?:confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've been hearing nothing but good about the Dragon but have not seen one run yet. For me the only thing that will convince me is seeing in the mountains or reliable reviews form fellow S & M members.

Cheers.

I never got to see a Dragon climb against anything. Saw a few at the cabins, and cruising around; but we never actually saw one poking a hill with a bunch of other sleds. I've heard stories varying from it being a real strong 700, but not able to climb close to where an XR-S could. To guys saying that they saw a stock Dragon hangin' right in there with a stock M1000 and outclimbing an M8, an XR-S, and a twin piped 800 Vertical Escape on a steep hill in real deep, early January powder. Anyone see a good head to head shootout that backs up the Dragon being awarded the winner of the shootout? The conditions were far from powder conditions I know but still...WTF?:confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree SBR. That's why I figured I'd throw a post up; someone must have seen one of these things, that has an unbias opinion.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode my 2007 700 dragon for a little over 700 miles last winter and was very imprest with its hill climbing rode the saddle at renshaw with 3 feet of fresh powder used to ride 600 triple edge style totely different riding style took most of the first day just to ride it. like the light front end alot easier to ride than the 600. according to race results from jackson hole hillclimb the dragons did very well for there first year. if the 800 is anything like the 700 but with more power polaris has got a winner. i had to change the clutch weights and gearing after the first couple of rides it over reved and lost power made a difference pulls hard right to the top of 8150 not disapointed but then again polaris is my brand to ride

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That's good feedback, having spoken to a Polaris Sales Guy who rode the 800 he feels that its a better version of the 700 but with a noticably more powerful motor and better set ups. I suspect it will do well this year (Polaris missed it the last few years) but with compitition like the new DOO...who know.
It will be another interesting year of riding.
i rode my 2007 700 dragon for a little over 700 miles last winter and was very imprest with its hill climbing rode the saddle at renshaw with 3 feet of fresh powder used to ride 600 triple edge style totely different riding style took most of the first day just to ride it. like the light front end alot easier to ride than the 600. according to race results from jackson hole hillclimb the dragons did very well for there first year. if the 800 is anything like the 700 but with more power polaris has got a winner. i had to change the clutch weights and gearing after the first couple of rides it over reved and lost power made a difference pulls hard right to the top of 8150 not disapointed but then again polaris is my brand to ride

Top Bottom