Done for the season

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I do like my Polaris sleds but here is my real life experiance this year.Picked up my new 14 Pro LE 163 snowcheck in October.Sled came cosmetically damaged on top of tunnel ,but I'm a nice guy and accepted it.2nd ride out Guages flicker on and off so I drop off at dealer also notice belt cording.Dealer replaces belt,brake light switch as it had a wire rub thru.I then put on about 200 more miles with an occasional bog.Bring it in for 1st service and ask about bog but do nothing,I have them helicoil a stripped from factory engine strap bolt.Bog gets worse I return to dealer throwing codes they replace TSS switch.I go out on next ride sled falls all over itself again @4-6k.By now starting to lose patiance and return sled to dealer and insist on replacing injectors.Pick up sled which now has 575 miles on it.Sled finally runs great no bog about 40 miles into ride I feel vibration,I rolled onto side checked track as I looked at belt earlier.A soon as I hit the open trail and hit about 60mph boom goes belt #2. I new what it was and shut it right down.Replaced belt rode down.Dropped off at dealer again with 640 miles and belt fibres everywhere.I asked them to go thru clutch as something not right.I call today to check on sled as its been almost a week.Turns out an engine mount is out or broken.Dealer can not get primary off its seized on.Polaris has authorized cutting off crank shaft and replacing crank.I had enough of this one and ordered a 2015 standard RMK 163 ES ,clickers.Shi T happens I guess,my 12 was flawless in 1550 miles other than a EGT sensor.My 09 D800 was great as well no blown engines.Time to think about next year.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL..Well good luck selling the lemon.. on here.. I guess all brands have their lemons. I have been lucky except for my '93 Dakota.. What a POS.

Ok I do like my Polaris sleds but here is my real life experiance this year.Picked up my new 14 Pro LE 163 snowcheck in October.Sled came cosmetically damaged on top of tunnel ,but I'm a nice guy and accepted it.2nd ride out Guages flicker on and off so I drop off at dealer also notice belt cording.Dealer replaces belt,brake light switch as it had a wire rub thru.I then put on about 200 more miles with an occasional bog.Bring it in for 1st service and ask about bog but do nothing,I have them helicoil a stripped from factory engine strap bolt.Bog gets worse I return to dealer throwing codes they replace TSS switch.I go out on next ride sled falls all over itself again @4-6k.By now starting to lose patiance and return sled to dealer and insist on replacing injectors.Pick up sled which now has 575 miles on it.Sled finally runs great no bog about 40 miles into ride I feel vibration,I rolled onto side checked track as I looked at belt earlier.A soon as I hit the open trail and hit about 60mph boom goes belt #2. I new what it was and shut it right down.Replaced belt rode down.Dropped off at dealer again with 640 miles and belt fibres everywhere.I asked them to go thru clutch as something not right.I call today to check on sled as its been almost a week.Turns out an engine mount is out or broken.Dealer can not get primary off its seized on.Polaris has authorized cutting off crank shaft and replacing crank.I had enough of this one and ordered a 2015 standard RMK 163 ES ,clickers.Shi T happens I guess,my 12 was flawless in 1550 miles other than a EGT sensor.My 09 D800 was great as well no blown engines.Time to think about next year.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL..Well good luck selling the lemon.. on here.. I guess all brands have their lemons. I have been lucky except for my '93 Dakota.. What a POS.
Lemon is their problem I traded it in, they can cut,bash ,yank or do whatever to the crank shaft now as its their sled now!!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my 14 doo has had issues from day one. We must have got the Friday before the long weekend builds! I did the same thing mine is sitting at the dealer also.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2014 Pro has been flawless except the e-start died.Problem is the e-start died after my doctor told me not to go out and sled due to a hernia issue so starting the pro just hurts too much!

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both of my 14 Pros have been good. The estart on one of them went out last week. What was the cause in yours?? Only other real annoyance has been those joke of a back bumper. Second one broke yesterday. What a POS. Oh yeah forgot about the threads buggering up on a front shock. That ticked me off enough that they were changed to Raptors. Sled handled 1000 times better.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the solenoid died on mine under warranty
Both of my 14 Pros have been good. The estart on one of them went out last week. What was the cause in yours?? Only other real annoyance has been those joke of a back bumper. Second one broke yesterday. What a POS. Oh yeah forgot about the threads buggering up on a front shock. That ticked me off enough that they were changed to Raptors. Sled handled 1000 times better.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer can't get the clutch off :confused:.....cut a puller off, drill hole, install grease fitting, pump grease in until clutch comes off....or cut puller off, fill bolt hole with water, install cut off puller and place somewhere cold (if available) and let water freeze (this always works)

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There trying the grease thing.I'm going to a standard rmk 163.to get front cooler,chaincase.I stil get es ,clickers,color choice,bags,pro tapers,golden ticket,2yrs warranty for $2750 otd.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant get my 14 primary off either. I burnt a belt and it gummed up the shaft and needs cleaning..... hope mine isnt seized on.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There trying the grease thing.I'm going to a standard rmk 163.to get front cooler,chaincase.I stil get es ,clickers,color choice,bags,pro tapers,golden ticket,2yrs warranty for $2750 otd.

i think your better off with the base rmk, no glue or carbon fiber either ?.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant get my 14 primary off either. I burnt a belt and it gummed up the shaft and needs cleaning..... hope mine isnt seized on.

Bring it back too the dealer while it's still under warranty. Polaris is having the dealer remove primary and clean it up on PDI on the 14's.Obviously all of us that snow checked or bought early it never happened. Typical polaris BS.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think your better off with the base rmk, no glue or carbon fiber either ?.
I agree plus you get the front cooler.It's only 18 lbs heavier than a pro but more durable. I ordered matte black with orange,clickers,all bags,ES,black tunnel and rails,high bars,mid height windshield. Cost me $2750 otd to switch.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree plus you get the front cooler.It's only 18 lbs heavier than a pro but more durable. I ordered matte black with orange,clickers,all bags,ES,black tunnel and rails,high bars,mid height windshield. Cost me $2750 otd to switch.

sweet deal id say

hink320

Reaction score

I had this issue while I was out on a mountain trip, they tried the puller, heat and an impact to no avail. I asked them to try the water trick: pour water in the crank snout, teflon tape the threads on the puller and tighten it down. Clutch popped off first try with the water trick, I'd suggest trying this.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this issue while I was out on a mountain trip, they tried the puller, heat and an impact to no avail. I asked them to try the water trick: pour water in the crank snout, teflon tape the threads on the puller and tighten it down. Clutch popped off first try with the water trick, I'd suggest trying this.

Yah ill have to try that, my tools i normally use are not cutting it at all...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah ill have to try that, my tools i normally use are not cutting it at all...

I tightened my puller right up on mine and it wouldn't come off, gave the end of the puller a light tap on the top with a hammer and the whole thing shot right off, landing on the floor a couple feet from the sled.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a hell of a time getting the primary off my '12 as well. Tried the puller and that wasn't cutting it, so I went to the trusty water trick with a bolt and tightened it as tight as humanly possible. Ended up giving it a tap with a hammer on the end of the bolt and I bet it shot a foot in the air. That was the first removal, been easier after that.

Top Bottom