Didn't do much today ..

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the stock POS steel rusted out lower rad pipes, my burnt out stater and installed a groovy new boltless Visor .....

now I am drinking beer :beer:
IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Last edited:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually replaced both lower pipes ..both stainless steel

then a new starter
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

then the Visor

before

IMG_0438-1.jpg

and after sorry didn't think of it the same day

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Last edited:
S

sldgy

(my burnt out stater)

I believe that would be called a starter, young man. At least that is what we call it in the lower 48.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. They sure do get ugly on the underside eh. I wish they would ban the use of salt on the roads.

S

sldgy

Nice looking rig. They sure do get ugly on the underside eh. I wish they would ban the use of salt on the roads.

Sounds like a hygiene issue to me Snowdin. There are books that can give you pointers on how to deal with those types of personal issues.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Now ya just gotta polisher up Snow :d :beer: Heard a bit ago that BC was pickin' on guys with drop visors. Mines only 10" but I've seen more extreme ones.

Attachments

• DCP_3754.jpg
    DCP_3754.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DCP_3764.jpg
    DCP_3764.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 20

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now ya just gotta polisher up Snow :d :beer: Heard a bit ago that BC was pickin' on guys with drop visors. Mines only 10" but I've seen more extreme ones.

BC always nabs guys ...the legal limit is 14 ..so I went with 12 ..should be ok

polishing I have been doing that for a month ...she was pretty gross ..course thats all you do when you are sittin around doing nothing:cool:

I burned out 2 grinders ..using polishing wheels two weeks ago and put a pile of miles on my drill ...never got around to hittin my wheels yet ..yers are pretty ..with the gold accents

Last edited:

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It's a never ending task. Mine's a 2000 and if I had a $ for evey part that has been replaced in the last 4 years I'd break even in cost...not including labour of course. But it's mine and the grass can grow under it if need be :d

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well I just saved myself $1200 bucks yesterday by doing all the work myself ...Inland Kenworth would have ----- me ....$125 an hour x 8 is well too much in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here in GP.....Stahl Pete is $132/hr and Greatwest is around the same. They are laying of people and cutting back hrs during the week. The guy I use is $105 and he has 2 mech and himself. Busy all the time. Some of the other shops are lowering rates and flat rating inspections fees but making up for it on parts. Also with the present economic situation some shops are COD over $1000. But things are to start picking up come June around here so the general consenus was at the oil show last wk :cool:

Top Bottom