Dealers

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos a good Ski Doo dealer in AB
Live in Calgary and looking of new dealer.
Thanks

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Whos a good Ski Doo dealer in AB
Live in Calgary and looking of new dealer.
Thanks

If you lived in Edmonton... I would clearly say myself........ lol. Make the drive to bow ridge. Good people... I have some of my own customers that have moved south and speak very highly of that place.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you define a "good dealer"? Or better said, why are you not happy with your current/historical dealer?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make the short drive to Edmonton and see Trent at Martin Motor Sports.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have liked Bow Ridge in Cochrane. Good knowledgeable service guys and if Ken is still there, he is an honest salesman.
X2 with using Ken as a salesman in the south.

X2 with using Trent in Edmonton

Either way, you can't go wrong!

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken is great. I would drive to Golden. Motortech is the best dealer out there now that BRP pushed out all the good ones.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bow cycle. Is messed up.
i needed some parts to fix my sled. Called them south told me $2.99 not I stock call north $3.99. Look at skidoo.ca 0.99c
would of went to bow ridge but they where sold out. And they where the same price. They mark stuff up way too much I think.
Crapy part is bow ridge is an 45min drive each way for me.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetaskawin guys were good to me, 160 km drive but better than the closer dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetaskawin guys were good to me, 160 km drive but better than the closer dealers

x2 much better than the RD dealer imo very happy with my purchase there last year

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bow cycle. Is messed up.
i needed some parts to fix my sled. Called them south told me $2.99 not I stock call north $3.99. Look at skidoo.ca 0.99c
would of went to bow ridge but they where sold out. And they where the same price. They mark stuff up way too much I think.
Crapy part is bow ridge is an 45min drive each way for me.

The mark up on their cost is business. Do you know how much a company has to charge to keep the doors open and make the owner a reasonable living? I don't think you do. All recreational sporting venues have high costs and that is how it goes.

As for the 45 minute drive, I would like to say "suck it up princess"! I will be nice and just put you into my shoes for a visit to a dealer; 4 hours to Golden, 4 hours to Bow Ridge, 2.5 hours to NewWay in Lethbridge, and 2.5 hours to Kalispell, MT. That is each way and the only Doo dealers in the area! If you want a good business to deal with, great service, and knowledgeable and friendly staff, bite the bullet and go to Bow Ridge.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, I think the issue is when they sell way above list. The dealer already has a margin because they buy at a discount from "list"

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of price escalators in dealership pricing but will explain to you the reasoning behind it by pretty much all dealers. A guy calls and wants 2 bolts from BRP. The dealer then orders it from BRP and gets 25 in a bag. He sells the customer the 2 bolts and carries the remaining 23 for eternity. Its called dead stock and can drag you down over a period of time. Most "small" parts are escalated by a soft ware program. Parts from BRP can have anywhere from 17-42% markup. This is why most dealers are hesitant to discount parts. A lot of times the customer saves more than the dealer makes and he is ordering the part, stocking it and paying a guy to sell it to you and maybe box it up and ship it to you. Like I said I am not a fan of escalating prices but understand why it is done in some cases.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple economics with overhead costs JS.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom