Cybertruck

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of his tiktoks said it uses a fraction of what a normal highway truck would use. And it is a way smaller engine/generator

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing that makes sense to me is the diesel generator can run at or near 100% load, where they are more efficient and the engine can operate in its happy zone. Instead of a typical truck engine that makes 5-600 HP only using 30-40% capacity just to cruise for alot of its time or worse idle time. Can’t wait to see Topsy do some real work!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone following the Edison highway truck that is being build in Canada. That's an "electric" truck that I could get behind. Diesel electric

I’ve been following Edison for a while. I really like what they’re doing. 220 kWh battery and cat generator makes a lot of sense especially for logging trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just wondering what the truck weighs, for a off road truck the weight would not matter, but for a over the road truck, it definitely would.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just wondering what the truck weighs, for a off road truck the weight would not matter, but for a over the road truck, it definitely would.

They have a vid from a few weeks ago of it on the scale. 13k kg IIRC.

The Edison makes a ton of sense for a logging truck in BC where you are climbing grade empty on battery power and then use regenerative braking to come down off the mountain loaded to recharge the battery and drive to the mill on battery power and then recharge on diesel while you are scaling in/out and being unloaded.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to want the cybertruck, especially if the range lives up the the advertised hype (doubtful). Yes it’s ugly, but unique.

But Elon and Tesla and all the gov grants they get are ultimately for technocratic control and surveillance over us, so no thanks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to want the cybertruck, especially if the range lives up the the advertised hype (doubtful). Yes it’s ugly, but unique.

But Elon and Tesla and all the gov grants they get are ultimately for technocratic control and surveillance over us, so no thanks.

My mechanic says any vehicle 2020 or newer has obd2 global. And it does some wac chit. Like hook up to the wifi at the drive through without you knowing and reports all kinds of info. Even your heart rate apparently.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've got some really bad news about your smart phone....

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mechanic says any vehicle 2020 or newer has obd2 global. And it does some wac chit. Like hook up to the wifi at the drive through without you knowing and reports all kinds of info. Even your heart rate apparently.

Buddy with a 2023 cummins said one time he went to start his truck and there was a message "updating system will not start" or something like that and had to wait 20 mins to start it

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think even before that. My 2018 is connected and does over the air updates and such.... maybe in 2020 they got more advanced?

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got some really bad news about your smart phone....
I don’t commute with my smart phone, or let it do my driving for me, I certainly won’t depend on it in a SHTF scenario (Like I would a vehicle) and it’s cameras aren’t getting much useful footage while in my drawer or even my pocket.

But yes, cellphones ain’t our friends, I’d go back to a flip phone if my career would allow it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think even before that. My 2018 is connected and does over the air updates and such.... maybe in 2020 they got more advanced?

He said a new operating system came out in 2020 global OBD2. I don't know, just what he said. He also said its some 1984 chit if you know what i mean.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said a new operating system came out in 2020 global OBD2. I don't know, just what he said. He also said its some 1984 chit if you know what i mean.
Awesome, he’s probably not wrong.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A decent set of wheels/ tires would help its looks a lot..... and also likely ruin is driving range.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A decent set of wheels/ tires would help its looks a lot..... and also likely ruin is driving range.
You'd be amazed at how much of an efficiency difference there is on a small car with just little things like a 1 inch bigger wheel, different tires, and aero cover on wheel. Those inefficiencies are most noticeable when weather and terrain are working against you.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the cyber truck would be perfect for around the farm for just doing short drives and would be awesome gopher shooting rig since it would be quiet. Does need bigger box to fit slip tank and stuff though.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the cyber truck would be perfect for around the farm for just doing short drives and would be awesome gopher shooting rig since it would be quiet. Does need bigger box to fit slip tank and stuff though.

Final specs will be revealed soon. Hope it still has a 6.5’ bed and 3500lbs payload.

Top Bottom