Corkscrew mountain?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but is corkscrew mountain the only way to the camping grounds on the other side of the mountain? We are thinking of going quadding up by limestone mountain as we did last year, but there is no way I'm going over corkscrew with a 30' trailer full of quads. Just wonder is there another way to get around or is corkscrew the only way?

dooski

Reaction score
Yes there is another way or two different ways. You can go down the sunpine road basically where the pavement ends on the Caroline rd or you can go around the rocky mtn house way as well depends on where you are coming from.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chicken!! lol I remember as a kid riding in the truck camper over the cab going over corkscrew and the right front tie rod broke on the old man's truck. That was interesting to say the least. Almost went over the bank trying to get it stopped and then had to farmer fix it good eneough to get it off the road and down the mountain to the campsite where he could get at it to fix it permanently. Couple of trips back to Rocky for parts and we were rolling again.

TB

Top Bottom