Clutching Help

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 13 Pro with BD turbo set up on it that's working good. This season I thought I would try a Team Tied Secondary on it to hopefully help with belt life. I also installed Dalton adjustable weights that are currently at 70g's with a 165/310 primary spring. At 6 psi of boost I'm pulling 8050 RPM. I started to add more boost to get a 100 more RPM out of it and went all the 9.5psi without the RPM changing. I'm confident in saying the sled is producing that boost level and more power, but I'm not seeing any track speed gain or RPM change. I was testing on a long steep even hill so the snow conditions shouldn't be a factor. Could this be an issue of having the wrong helix in the secondary? Too steep maybe? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
What happens if you run your stock secondary? It could be too steep or you possibly could run a little heavier weights in your primary and see what it does, it surprises me that it wont pull more with higher boost so you are hitting a wall there somehow but if your weights are too light it wont matter what boost you go to the clutch may be maxed out. I have a stock secondary as well as a team tied that I will be experimenting with as well this weekend and will post my results. Good luck.

Top Bottom