clutch kit not impressed

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i bought my outlander 800 i had martins motorsports install a clutch kit for 29.5 outlaws. They installed a dalton DBO 800 kit for oversized tires and im not impressed with how it works. If i go into any mud in high my belt slipps, and i cant pull any catwalks in high gear with these tires. With the clutch i had in my king quad 700 i could go through mud in high and catwalk in high no problems. Im just wondering if this kit is not the right one or if i have other problems.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your joking right ??? MUD = LOW range. You have 29.5`s and expect to turn them in mud in high......

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your joking right ??? MUD = LOW range. You have 29.5`s and expect to turn them in mud in high......

Good think he has a Can Am, any other brand he would be buying axles like their going out of style, especially with 29.5's.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that low is what you should use but when your going down the trail in high and there is a little hole its nice to not have to stop and shift into low if I'm mud riding I put it in low but it seems this clutch kit don't engage like it should in high. Thanks for the help though guys

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i bought my outlander 800 i had martins motorsports install a clutch kit for 29.5 outlaws. They installed a dalton DBO 800 kit for oversized tires and im not impressed with how it works. If i go into any mud in high my belt slipps, and i cant pull any catwalks in high gear with these tires. With the clutch i had in my king quad 700 i could go through mud in high and catwalk in high no problems. Im just wondering if this kit is not the right one or if i have other problems.

Is it an adjustable dalton kit, if so try adding some set screws to the weights, and it should grab the belt harder.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is adjustable but the instructions say for tires bigger then 27 leave the weights empty. If it will help i will try adding some of the rivets they supplied for the weights. I also read on here to install the 650 helix with this kit for the bigger heavier tires, has anyone tried this and how does it work? I contacted qsc to see what they can do for me in clutching as i searched the web and alot of guys are claiming they have what im looking for. Thanks guys for your help i will let you know what i figured out.

ChinRat

Reaction score
It is adjustable but the instructions say for tires bigger then 27 leave the weights empty. If it will help i will try adding some of the rivets they supplied for the weights. I also read on here to install the 650 helix with this kit for the bigger heavier tires, has anyone tried this and how does it work? I contacted qsc to see what they can do for me in clutching as i searched the web and alot of guys are claiming they have what im looking for. Thanks guys for your help i will let you know what i figured out.

I ride 08 800 outy....29.5's with the same clutch kit. I had to add the rivets to get any action. There was NO slippage. the thing will lift the front in Low or High. the more power you give it the better it seams to hook up. I went with K&N, HMF Pipe and Gorilla Axles (the boys earlier were correct, you will destroy factory axles with 29.5's) the HMF Optimizer didnt do a thing for the outy..($400 well spent)

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks guys I talked to Dalton and they are sending me a secoundary spring for it said it should help. I also ordered the looney tuned twins and programer and a rubber down gen1 lift it should all be here when I go on days off on Wednesday I will let you all know how it is after that.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks guys I talked to Dalton and they are sending me a secoundary spring for it said it should help. I also ordered the looney tuned twins and programer and a rubber down gen1 lift it should all be here when I go on days off on Wednesday I will let you all know how it is after that.
Looney tuned exhaust= AWESOME sound! Nice!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to DaveB he's sort of a Guru on clutching, I believe he has the 650 helix.

Smidgy

Reaction score
You should be able to catwalk in high with that bike and those tires, and you should be able to go in some mud in high range with those tires,

check this vid out

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ztI1kBCw0[/media]

Smidgy

Reaction score
Looney tuned exhaust= AWESOME sound! Nice!!

I got a looney tuned for my grizzly and my grizzly works better than any other grizzly around, some difference, If you are serious about power then the full exhausts will give you a bit more than a HMF slip on can, but you are also going to pay for it. My looney tuned setup has been my best mod so far.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm waiting on my secoundary spring and exhaust it should all be in Thursday or Friday I can't wait to get it all installed though going to do the spring first see what the difference is then install the pipe and programer too see what it did for me.

Top Bottom