Check out Frozen Pirate Snow Services for updates from the Valemount Area this season

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I will posting the majority of my condition updates from my personal field days this season on my Facebook page. If you participate on there and are interested in receiving these automatic updates, please like my new page at www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices

And on that note, its never too early to begin refreshing your avy savy before the season starts. Check out this link to one of my favorite chapters from the Throttle Decision Series of Avalanche Safety Videos

Throttle Decisions Chapter 3: Safe Travel on Vimeo

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Momma!

Its been a week since I posted the Safe Travel chapter from the Throttle Decisions series, its time to change it up a bit.

One of the things that we have the most control over is our Terrain choices. We have the ability to cover an enormous variety of terrain in a single day on our sleds. We often change aspects and elevations numerous times in just one hour and all of these changes can give us drastically different snow conditions and hazards from one area to the next.......learn to choose wisely based on the current conditions.

Throttle Decisions Chapter 6: Terrain on Vimeo

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Curtis......truly top notch......me and the boys will be in contact,,,,,

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, back up top for a refresher.

You better know a bit of this stuff. Throttle Decisions Chapter 5: Snowpack on Vimeo

As a fall promotion for our new website release, Frozen Pirate would like to offer anyone booking with us before Nov 1, 2014, 25 bucks per person off any AST1 course fees and 50 bucks off any guide services (deposits required). That’s a minimum of $100 off the AST1 course for a group of four or more, so get your group together and plan to get trained.

Please have a look at www.frozenpirate.com and let me know if you have any questions

Top Bottom