CFR - Going, Going, Gone?

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Edmonton going to lose the CFR which brings in a lot of money into the city and surrounding areas? Did the City, Northlands and the Oilers entertainment group drop the ball on the bid? Does Katz not want Kows in his palace, I hope to hell we can resubmit our bid as now we are competing against Calgary, Saskatoon and even Vancouver. My two cents.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the economic spinoff is huge and the CFR wants more for cowboys and I dont believe it was in there proposal so greed got in the way somewhere.

Dakine879

Reaction score
Wow i'm surprised... they bumped the offer up 1.5 million and not good enough.

I guess the CPRA is just shopping around. I doubt it would move to Vancouver as the political backlash would be horrendous. PETA etc...

Saskatoon can't offer 5 million.

Can calgary really support two huge rodeos within four months annually?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really hope it doesn't go to Vancouver, can you imagine all the hippy protests? I can see Calgary being able to support it though.

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
Sad for sure. Vancouver is out, they have a ban on tie-down roping, but won't be surprised to see it go to Calgary. Anybody else think there may be a bit of politics or payback or some kind of hard feelings involved in all of this?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's definitely more to the story then what is in the papers..negotiations take time and sometimes lots of bluffing

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see it in Saskatchewan then Calgary. Edmonton losing it would be a bloody shame indeed. I actually choked on my coffee when I seen Vancouver was putting in a bid. I can't even wrap my head around that. Vancouver?? I'm sure other venues within BC would do a great job but Vancouver is just not country or rodeo savvy. Certainly not taking anything away from the BC ranchers on this one either. A rodeo needs more than a venue. Needs experience!

Top Bottom