c3 powersports belt drive

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much lighter is the belt drive system over the stock chaincase? Are there gear options? Reliabiltity issues? Anyone know?

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
Belt is better than chain because you can change it way easier no oil, it's tighter and it's around 9lbs less or so...but I think after a couple of seasons it will get losser so you will have to change it..not sure tho..I think there are gear opotions or they are testing it read it some where..

lorne1176

Reaction score
Belt is better than chain because you can change it way easier no oil, it's tighter and it's around 9lbs less or so...but I think after a couple of seasons it will get losser so you will have to change it..not sure tho..I think there are gear opotions or they are testing it read it some where..

Sorry to burst your bubble but the actuall weight difference is only around 3lbs.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your saying oil, chaincase cover and gears and chain only drop 3lb i got a kit at home i will weigh tonight bit i think it is more than 3

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the stock polaris 2013 belt drive system saves 6.5lbs. Thats with the new extruded driveshaft. so Im thinking the c3 system cant be more than 3 or 4 lbs

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
no way only 3lbs more like 5-6lbs... ok maybe not 9lbs but more then 3lbs..if not c3 has nothing like the pro belt drive does......

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c3's site has the gear options on the info about the belt drive page. take a look. only noticable change is a less rolling mass (so feels like you have more torque) and then people change their gear ratios too, so it will have a different feeling than stock as well. just ask yourself if its worth a $1200 modification for YOU. All I know is if I could throw it down on my etec I would

Top Bottom