Buying quad tomoorw....tires>?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's just silly talk. Instead of slapping on the tires first, put all the other stuff on, then your tires on last. Make sure everything works.

10-4 ghost rider. Roll out.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Coulda put that in earlier. That post might have made more sense.

But I'd still do tires ad clutch at the same time.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quadboy you got the right idea we all no what works for brutes and what doesnt u cant put a red secondary sping with stockers good luck with belts not heating up

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quadboy you got the right idea we all no what works for brutes and what doesnt u cant put a red secondary sping with stockers good luck with belts not heating up

I planned ahead, lol. I did all my snorkels full 2" to flow as much air as I can through the clutch. When I change my springs I'm also putting in a teryx belt.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
so i sold my bike and im buying a 05 brute 750 tomoorw it has a chip and custom
exhaust it has some itp rims on it with 27" mudlites but i wanna get rid of the tires asap and get some bigger more agessive ones what size can i fit at stock height i hear u can fit bigger tires on the 05s then the newr ones im thinking either 28" sillverbacks or 29.5" outlaws or possibly thirtys if i got the right price for the tires and rims seeming that i would ned a 14" rim any suggestion clutching fine or need differnt?

Save yourself a big fat headache, dont go bigger than 27"

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save yourself a big fat headache, dont go bigger than 27"

I will second that. 30's I've heard gobble up some power. It will be less spunky. 27" with some good lug might be good. I know I'm thinking of going with a 27" silverback.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in ur sig it says you are getting 30s

Too lazy to change it.. Besides on your phone you can't change the sig.

Gotta change it from the compooter.

If you get 30's and snap your axles, gimme a shout and I'll pull you back. Saw in your last thread we are pretty much the same age.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never had axle issues. only reason i had the rhino axle is cause i ripped the stock axle boot and after that axle was clicking so i used it as a spair.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never had axle issues. only reason i had the rhino axle is cause i ripped the stock axle boot and after that axle was clicking so i used it as a spair.

Right on

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 or 29in Zillas, good all around trail/mud tires. Even the quad ************ tex thinks twice on what ill go threw with my 27"s

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 or 29in Zillas, good all around trail/mud tires. Even the quad ************ tex thinks twice on what ill go threw with my 27"s

I agree "all around" but if your doing all out mud they find their limits quick.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the 30's my brute with the 27's is nowhere near as capable as my buddies with 30's, he hasn't had a axle issue yet but then again he's really easy on the throttle....anyone want to buy a set of 27" zillas only have 400km on them.....I'm switchin up to 30's once I get the funds

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 28" backs and they get the job done nicely without stealing too much power. the hmf swamp xl and pc5 w/autotune and dalton clutch kit easily make up for the power lost from larger tires.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree "all around" but if your doing all out mud they find their limits quick.

If your running the mud I wouldn't go less than 28's. I idle through worse crap than my buddies can with their 28" Silverbacks. most of the stuff we ride is hard to find a bottom on though so the Laws are way better. I have one rhino axle as well but that was due to the cv boot getting ripped and me not knowing and mudding for a full day that way(oops). If you can learn throttle control you shouldn't break much at all with the big tires.

Top Bottom