Brute Force Fuel Pump

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
OK I have a 2009 Brute 750. 280 KM fuel pump is toast. The dealer told me Kawasaki wouldn't cover it under warranty. Well I just couldn't except this because all said and done the bill to get my quad back was $1100 and change. I called Kawasaki and complained, after all there is only 280 km on the quad that has sat for the last 7 months in my shed. So for all of you that are told that your manufacturer will not warranty something look into it, because after I raised a little ch!t, Kawi covered the whole bill, so what did the friggen dealer tell Kawasaki and WTF is with these fuel pumps? I have done some research and there are a few people with fuel pump issues on there fuel injected Brutes. :mad::mad::mad:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just helped a friend change his but he had 2500km on his. I figure its mud in the tank the mud on them brutes seems to pack in around the cap and being careless(not saying you are) mud falls in the tank, and the inlet vent is right on the frame beside the tank accessible to water and dirt, and eventually the mud calves the pump. my two cents.
But i doubt that was the problem with yours cause of the low mileage.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen one and read about lots seems the sock on the pump plugs up and then the pump calves, or so the rumor has it.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
Just helped a friend change his but he had 2500km on his. I figure its mud in the tank the mud on them brutes seems to pack in around the cap and being careless(not saying you are) mud falls in the tank, and the inlet vent is right on the frame beside the tank accessible to water and dirt, and eventually the mud calves the pump. my two cents.
But i doubt that was the problem with yours cause of the low mileage.

I hear ya, it would be easy to get mud in the tank where they have the fill cap. Actually the dealer tells me one of the connectors under the seat was all corroded which sent low voltage to the pump causing it to calve. Apparently you can't get a Bruteforce wet, kinda defeats the purpose of having a quad. Anybody want to buy a Bruteforce? Piss me off. Kawasaki junk.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be worse.. could happen 40k out in the bush.

carbs may not have the response of a EFI or the elevation forgiveness

but you can almost always get one working if it screws up.. atleast enough to get home.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing 09 brute efi 3 fuel pumps I would only get half power

I hope you didnt have to pay for them! The dealer told me $700 bucks buys a new one, I friggen near fell over.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has the best deal on brute fuel pumps? Looks like i need one to............

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent bought any electrical from a dealer yet, and iv had a few machines.. if you guys get me the manufacturers name i can probly get what you need. i put a new starter on my 850 for way less than half of dealer price and a power steering motor

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has the best deal on brute fuel pumps? Looks like i need one to............

Go on mud in my blood they got a right up on putting a fuel pump into the brutes. Not sure if the EFI brutes or not but worth a look.

• Thanks
Reactions: jbb

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go on mud in my blood they got a right up on putting a fuel pump into the brutes. Not sure if the EFI brutes or not but worth a look.

already on it. lots of reading in there.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
already on it. lots of reading in there.

Yah but they got one post that talks about changing a vacuum driven fuel pump out to an electric fuel pump. Not sure what fuel pump is going in your guys EFI quads. Is it already an electric one?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah but they got one post that talks about changing a vacuum driven fuel pump out to an electric fuel pump. Not sure what fuel pump is going in your guys efi quads. Is it already an electric one?

mines already electric. Retail for $595

Top Bottom