Brule lake Area

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All! Was just wondering about this area and if anyone has info on camping and or quad trails in the area also if you are able to do some fishing here and is it family friendly?

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of youtube vids in the dunes. Looks ok if you are into that sort of thing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
way too many idiots out there. too many hotshots and white sunglasses.

seen a guy get killed maybe 5 years ago. it was not good.

not for me.

might go on a weekday or something but thats all i would ever consider again.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have really mixed feelings about the dunes. Being a local, I've been to the dunes numerous times over the years and can understand why people travel some distance to get here. However, the shear number of people that come out here (especially on long weekends) and treat the area like a city dump (we refer to them as citiots) makes me wish the whole area would be shut down. At the very least, SRD needs to patrol the area on long weekends and take pics and licence numbers at every camp spot. If a mess is left, fine the crap out of the offenders. Sorry for the rant, but it makes my blood boil when I see the level of destruction out there.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have really mixed feelings about the dunes. Being a local, I've been to the dunes numerous times over the years and can understand why people travel some distance to get here. However, the shear number of people that come out here (especially on long weekends) and treat the area like a city dump (we refer to them as citiots) makes me wish the whole area would be shut down. At the very least, SRD needs to patrol the area on long weekends and take pics and licence numbers at every camp spot. If a mess is left, fine the crap out of the offenders. Sorry for the rant, but it makes my blood boil when I see the level of destruction out there.

I here you! I haven't been there for a lot of years but spent every weekend there from 2001-2007, and every time I went there some jerk off would leave a big pile of garbage. One time there was a pile probably 4' high and 6' around I don't know how they packed that much in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No need to say sorry for your rant. I've been in Cowtown for 7 years and prior to that, born and raised Edmonton. I started riding at Brule around 1989, there still was a 2nd story to the old rail house and you would be lucky to see 10 other machines there for a long weekend!!! the last time I was there was about 9 years ago, and I was there for 1.5 weeks. It was a complete chit chow on the weekend. After everybody left, me and a couple of friends went for a drive around with the truck. Couldn't believe the phucking mess that was left, we did what we could to help clean it up. But....... What we also found out is that there was a Hinton Grad party that weekend. Not saying they were to blame, but it seems that it is the younger generation that doesn't give a phuck. Citiots (love that) are no better.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thank you all, for the replys to this post after hearing the negativity on this area I think I will pass and head on up to Cache!!

Top Bottom