Bruderhiem

Heli

Reaction score
Is bruderheim still open, i have heard it was closed cause it has been destroyed by the fires.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Do the quadding community a favour and stay away from there. We have a black eye with the general public, they think quadders started the fire(by accident) and it would not look good if everyone went back there and tore it up some more. Besides I hear that there are still hotspots out there.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are still smouldering areas and still underground fires there from what i hear..dont go there with yer quad..the locals are pizzed at quadders at this moment as some of them lost property in the fire...i heard they might just shut it down forever..and that wont be good:(

Heli

Reaction score
Were are there some other quading areas other then redwater/bruderhiem. I hear Vega is really good but defeinetly alot further. any suggestions

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A portion of north Strathcona County is now closed to all non-essential traffic until further notice.

The restricted area runs from:

Township Road 562 north to Highway 38
Highway 830 east to the Strathcona County boundary at Range Road 205.
Access will be permitted only for:

residents
emergency crews
and a limited number of petroleum operators who may require access to their sites.
Barricades are being put in place, and the RCMP will enforce the restrictions.

This measure is for the safety of the public as well as fire fighters who are working to eliminate hotspots in the area affected by recent severe wildfires.

The fire risk continues to be high in the area, particularly with warmer temperatures and wind. Periodic flare-ups are occurring, and it is estimated there are still well over 100 hotspots in the area, not all of them readily visible. The possibility of falling trees also represents a hazard to the public.

News release: Northern area closed to traffic - May 28, 2009

Fire Advisory reminder
Residents are reminded that a Fire Advisory remains in effect for all of Strathcona County north of Township Road 554, west of Range Road 205 and east of Range Road 221. Within this area, no open fires are permitted, including the use of fire pits or briquette barbecues.

Fires, May 2009

Information for residents returning home
Sources of emergency information
Map (PDF)
Photos
Wildfires that began May 3 in north Strathcona County affected an estimated 8,400 acres. At its peak, the Strathcona fire was rated as 5 (6 being the highest) on the scale of severity. Strathcona County Emergency Services worked closely with emergency responders from Bruderheim and Lamont, along with Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm out in the area daily doing property damage restoration and there are several hotspots. I even seen trucks loaded with ATV's and dirtbikes heading into the area, and was quite suprised and thought they won't go too far. There is also another thread on here about bruderheim as well, please see that one, I posted some pictures.

Top Bottom